Acer XB280HK 4k g-sync or the ROG Swift

Rex Aevum

If someone could help me, I am thinking between Acer XB280HK 4k g-sync and the ROG Swift, I will mainly use the monitor for gaming (90%), I mostly play non-twitch games - RPGs, FPSs (not competitively) and action-adventure games, and everyday use:
1. I have a Gtx 970 and I am considering getting another for SLI, will I be able to run newest games on high to ultra with AA turned off or very low (2x) at 40-60 FPS? For example, even thou they have not released the specs for most, games like Dragon Age Inquisition, The Witcher 3, the upcoming Batman etc.
2. Is 4k really that impressive in games, or will 1440p be enough, for me not to tell the difference? The screen is around 2-3 feet away from my eyes.
3. Is 4k still too demanding: would getting something like the ROG Swift be better, or 
should I hold off from buying a new monitor now?

4. How is the color reproduction, color bleed, and viewing angles and scaling in windows?

I can't answer all your questions in detail but I can tell you the ROG swift will be a better expierence for you playing games at 1440p and over 60fps if you do upgrade to SLI, the ROG swift also has a 8 bit panel which puts it's picture quality up there with IPS quality which will be better then any 4K TN panel available right now, and even with two GTX 970's you won't do much better then medium settings at 4K if you want atleast 60fps.

What I'm worried about is that I will get a 1440p display and in around a year 4k will be all smooth and super playable, and I do want to be future proof to a certain extent, cause I plan to have this monitor for ~2-3 years or more and they are expensive. And since i don't play a lot of twitch games, but mostly RPGs and stuff, will I benefit from the higher Hz or will the higher pixel count be better?

In your case a higher pixel count will definately be better, as the swift is targeted towards FPS gamers.