Super flexible APU powered laptops

Tadgh

Would anybody else be interested in some mid/high end laptops with strong APUs in them? I feel as though my needs just aren't catered for by anyone - and could be with the right use of a mid/high end APU.

My ideal laptop would be built something like this:

A mid/high end APU for light/mid gaming and mid/light mobile video editing.

A solid 1080p Tn panel would be wonderful

A reasonably sized SSD (128-250GBs?) for nice boot and load times

A larger HDD for storage (1-2TBs)

Thin enough, but well enough constructed, and not toooo hot

A flexible I/O (DVI, Ethernet, mini HDMI or something, USB 3 and 2)

Battery enough form a day's charge-less very light use (7 hours of word processing say)

Most importantly, a price point below that of high end ultrabooks or gaming laptops.

I feel like this could all be easily achieved with the right use of an APU. A mid to high end APU would provide enough processing and graphical power for me. It would (correct me if I'm wrong here) use less power than a small dedicated graphics card - thus producing less heat, and increasing battery life, especially under very light use. Also probably easier to fit into a slimmer, lighter form factor. 

The money probably (again my knowledge of the laptop manufacturing process is very limited) saved by using an APU over a dedicated GPU could be spent on a small SSD, standard laptops nowadays all have large hard-drives anyway so the HDDs can be factored in.

I would spend 700-900 euro on a laptop like this ($900-$1200). Am I wrong in expecting all this? Is anybody else interested? Does such a product exist?

Gimme your thoughts below please!

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois

that would be pretty cool I completely agree with everything you said but idk if there are any laptops that offer that

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Why an APU though? What are you doing with graphical power? Nowadays you could find a laptop with the Maxwell-based 840M, which is already a very efficient architecture, combined with Nvidia Optimus and an Intel CPU it will likely be a small power difference compared to an APU but quite a bit more horsepower.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Wait for Carrizo-L to be launched this holiday season. It will be AMD's first mobile APU that packs 8 compute units. It will also come with Excavator architecture which brings marginal power improvements. You can always swap out the internal HDD with a SSD and buy a cheap little external 2 TB hard drive for storage.

Why an APU though? What are you doing with graphical power? Nowadays you could find a laptop with the Maxwell-based 840M, which is already a very efficient architecture, combined with Nvidia Optimus and an Intel CPU it will likely be a small power difference compared to an APU but quite a bit more horsepower.

I do video work on a free-lance basis, and I do travel from place to place. I want the capacity to bring my laptop to work and use it for rendering one video while working on another. Alternatively editing instead of using a god awful rig in a company that doesn't do a lot of video work. 

While travelling I also want some capacity to game and emulate. But I don't want to spend the premium on something with it's own GPU, or sacrifice the battery life or mobility I could gain from an APU. 

Wait for Carrizo-L to be launched this holiday season. It will be AMD's first mobile APU that packs 8 compute units. It will also come with Excavator architecture which brings marginal power improvements. You can always swap out the internal HDD with a SSD and buy a cheap little external 2 TB hard drive for storage.

Hmmm, thanks for that :) I'll be very interested to see what laptop manufacturers do with that. Also I would prefer for mobility's sake not to need to quick fix anything with an external hard drive. However I have considered this. 

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois