problems with 1 year old htc one m7

so I've had the one m7 for a little more than a year now, and it used to be great... but now the battery life is terrible and it is pretty slow overall, especially in the messaging app.  I have a lot of messages on my phone, so could that be slowing down the messaging app a lot?  I don't really want to delete them all... Also, is there anything I can do to make the battery last longer?  Even with mobile data and wifi off for a few hours a day, a lot of the time it can't last for even a whole school day (7am-3pm).  because of my contract with verizon, I think I'm stuck with this phone until next august....  what can I do to make it faster (especially in the messaging app) and make the battery last longer?

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

Bluetooth, GPS as well use significant battery. Also, avoid using speakers, especially if they are loud. The drivers behind them use a lot of power.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just delete the messages, I think that's the only way to fix that problem. For the battery, check what apps are hogging the battery in the battery manager. 

Bluetooth, GPS as well use significant battery. Also, avoid using speakers, especially if they are loud. The drivers behind them use a lot of power.

bluetooth and gps are always off.  I use the speakers a little bit, so that could be contributing to the poor battery life.  Do batteries just get worse over time though?

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

bluetooth and gps are always off.  I use the speakers a little bit, so that could be contributing to the poor battery life.  Do batteries just get worse over time though?

I think so. My dad still has a Motorola Droid RAZR for about a year and it started off fine, and then the battery life went down from there. Like severely. It can't even last 5 hours without a charge, so it's constantly on a battery pack.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just delete the messages, I think that's the only way to fix that problem. For the battery, check what apps are hogging the battery in the battery manager. 

in the battery usage, "cell standby" was the most at 30%... everything else was 15% or lower.  it's probably because there's no service in my school

I think so. My dad still has a Motorola Droid RAZR for about a year and it started off fine, and then the battery life went down from there. Like severely. It can't even last 5 hours without a charge, so it's constantly on a battery pack.

Oh okay.  and just out of curiosity.... If I were to get a phone like the Oneplus One, would I be able to just put my sim card in it and use it? I don't know if that's how it works, or if it's that easy

Oh okay.  and just out of curiosity.... If I were to get a phone like the Oneplus One, would I be able to just put my sim card in it and use it? I don't know if that's how it works, or if it's that easy

Yes it should work since OnePlus One can accept any frequencies.

So basically, don't use the phone as intended?

What is your android version?

it's 4.4.3

Yes it should work since OnePlus One can accept any frequencies.

and there wouldn't be any problems with the fact that verizon thinks I have an htc one?

and there wouldn't be any problems with the fact that verizon thinks I have an htc one?

No not at all. Them knowing what phone you use is irrelevant to your experience.

it's 4.4.3

That shouldn't be a problem. You might try getting your battery replaced. I had many bad experiences with the HTC ONE M7. The Camera was purple, and the battery kept draining on mine. When I had it fixed, the Camera is now Green instead, and the battery life is Ok at best.

No not at all. Them knowing what phone you use is irrelevant to your experience.

That shouldn't be a problem. You might try getting your battery replaced. I had many bad experiences with the HTC ONE M7. The Camera was purple, and the battery kept draining on mine. When I had it fixed, the Camera is now Green instead, and the battery life is Ok at best.

my camera is purple too in low light.  Is it possible to replace the battery? there isn't a removable back

my camera is purple too in low light.  Is it possible to replace the battery? there isn't a removable back

Let HTC do it for you. When you let them fix your camera, just let them replace it for you too.

I never really had any battery issues with my One M7, but I did have the defective camera. I also never deleted any of my messages. I ended up upgrading to the OnePlus One and gave my M7 to my dad after I sent iit in to HTC to fix the camera. They really should of released a recall of it, as the camera issue seems to happen to every phone after awhile. Good thing they covered the cost even though it was outside the one year warranty.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I too have M7. Yeah, battery life is way shorter than it was 1 year ago. Yeah, the camera has purple tint. Also it has a few black dots. But they are there because I dropped it. Also it really is a power hog. When using certain apps, like camera, GPS or when connected to HDMI, it uses more power than a charger can provide and heats up really bad. But I still love it. It still takes better photos than my friends xperia z1 20(?) mpx camera. It has a beautiful screen and I love (mostly) all of it.

Also, I once was charging it and playing a graphically intensive game. Something distracted me. I left the game running and forgot it for a few hours. When I remembered it, It was under a pillow and extremely hot. So hot, I couldn't hold it in hand. I heard you can't hold stuff in hand if it's ~~60 degree celsius. So yeah, I think it was above that. But it was still working perfectly fine at that temperature even though I couldnt use it because of heat. But I think something happened with it then, because after that incident, It becomes hot way more often. Not that hot though.

It still is a perfectly good phone. Can still get a full day of battery with 2h+ of screen on time. And I don't use any 3rd party apps that "prolong" the battery life. I use all phone features, like any normal user would.

Also, when reading a book with google play books, I can get 6-8h screen on time. 

Download App Cache Cleaner, clean the cache/residual files and see if that helps (may not). Also, try going through apps you don't use/need and uninstall them.

As mentioned in earlier comments, turning off/down things such as: location/GPS services, brightness, volume (non-essential services, or operations), etc. help to preserve battery life.

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.