Re-build (Parvum case)

Tordal

I didn't originally intend to do a build log of this, so pardon the lack of images and not to mention the poor quality.

Anyways, after buying a new desk I realized that my case didn't fit into the cabinet, so I had to move my gaming rig into a smaller case. My choice landed on the Parvum Systems 2.0 case (pretty much just because I like the look of it, and it looked like a fun thing to build in).

This is what it used to look like in my Define R4 case:

img20130226180612.jpglightanglegb.jpgimg20130226181228.jpg

So, time to take out the parts I need:

BulMuc.jpg

New parts:

C9FSEj.jpg

Base of the case  :lol:

crL10o.jpg

Motherboard in: 

UEV4uH.jpg

Different angle:

OYMFER.jpg

Starting to look like a PC now (ghetto mod of the tubing, cause I'm too lazy to do a custom loop):

GQ0Yuh.jpg

Finished build:

TlVxa2.jpg

Nice build, really like the case, are the fan filters included? 

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

For those wondering about how it was to build in the case, it was quite simple actually. Very easy to hide cables and make the build look tidy, and the PSU and other not-so-good-looking stuff is hidden behind the motherboard tray.

The CPU cutout was poorly positioned for my motherboard, so I had to take it off and mount the CPU cooler bracket first before putting it back in.

The plates sometimes doesn't fit perfectly (see last image, top left corner of the case). Next time I open it I will sand it down to get rid of that gap.

I'm not a big fan of the fan mounts on this case. If you want to use noise dampening rubber bits to hang up the fans then you've got some work ahead of you. I managed to do it, but it's not straight forward (had to cut off some parts of the rubber bits to make them fit through the holes.

Nice build, really like the case, are the fan filters included? 

Thanks! The case sure is good looking I agree.

No there are no fan filters included. If you look at the images there's just a hole straight through.

I didn't bother installing filters (I usually open my case up and blow out dust a couple of times per year).

Thanks! The case sure is good looking I agree.

No there are no fan filters included. If you look at the images there's just a hole straight through.

I didn't bother installing filters (I usually open my case up and blow out dust a couple of times per year).

Okay thanks, I love some of the stuff Parvum have done both for general consumers like your case and their custom ones (I would love to get a custom case made)

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

is it me or does the case look square 

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Starting to look like a PC now (ghetto mod of the tubing, cause I'm too lazy to do a custom loop):

GQ0Yuh.jpg

Did you just cover the existing tubing with blue tubing?  :D

Current Build: Desk

My case is my most expensive part

Its Almost 2015 and I don't have an SSD

Did you just cover the existing tubing with blue tubing?  :D

Yes  :lol:

is it me or does the case look square 

It's rectangular. Barely :)

It's rectangular. Barely :)

still it looks somewhat like a square

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com