Laptop for Video Editing

SirReallySam
Go to solution Solved by SirReallySam,

Thanks everyone :)

hey guys, I'm hoping for recoomendations for a laptop £1000 and under for video editing. I would say a graphics card is neccesary and at least 8 gbs of RAM  but other than that not sure.

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

You don't need a dedicted graphic card for video editing unless you will add some sort of 3D graphics like 3D text popping all around and more.

The most important things in priorities are the processor, the RAM, the storage.

So get the most powerful i7 you can get with the lowest RAM version so you will get rid of the low performance 8 Gb RAM in it and buy Corsair Vengeance RAMs for 32 GB if you can and get the highest speed (2133 or 1866Mhz) version that the laptop can handle because gaming on dedicted graphic card don't get benefits from faster memory but video rendering does. And for storage it depends of the amount of GB you need to have enough space to work with your videos, from best to worst are : SSDs, Hybrid hard drive (SSHD), external hard drive through USB 3.0, etc. but having your OS, video editing softwares on an internel SSD help a tons.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |