HTC One Review

I have had my HTC One for about a week now and I have used a lot of it's features, and I really love it. I will be posting a review to Youtube soon on my channel HTTech123. There are a few things I like and a few things that could have been done better.

Pros: Uni-body metal construction, Ultra-pixel camera, boom sound speakers/beats audio, noise cancelling mic, IR Blaster on lock button, blink feed, avalability, price, processor speed, Screen/resolution

I love the uni-body design because it give the phone a seemles feel with not unecessary bumps. Also the metal make the phone more durable than some of its competitors. The ultra pixel camera is awsome in low light situations it truley is the best solution, and in outdoor situations it is just as good if not better than other phones cameras.The boom sound speakers are awesome and MUCH louder than any other phone I've ever tried. Plus with the addition of beats audio the phone has great audio quality. While recording audio and video the audio quality is good and when talking to others they say the audio quality is amazing. The IR blaster and TV control is a greate addition but isn't a huge new feature, if you wanted to and if your phone didn't have TV control you could just download an app for it, but this is still a great addition. I will come back to blink feed in a minute. Avalability is great because this phone can be found on 3 of the 4 major carriers (AT&T, T-Moblie, and Sprint) and Verizon customers can expect the phone in late June-July. The pricing of the phone is cool too, it cost $199 straight from the carriers, but you can get the as low as $100 on Amazon (on contract). The quad core processor is fast to and the ram can keep up with the latest games. The screen size is perfext and with 1080p resolution video watching is awesome. Lastley when I first got the phone I didn't think I would use blink feed but after I set it up I find myself checking it every so often in the day and it makes social networking much easier, and I feel it is one of the, if not the biggest feature of the phone.

Cons: Volume Button, Lock button size, Only 2 capacitive buttons, no micro SD expandability, no battery expandability

The volume button seems to be to flat and without a case is a little hard to find when not paying attention. The same is with the lock screen button it is not raised up enough so it feels almost flush with the top of the phone. The fact that there are only 2 capacitive buttons irks me dearly. This causes the normal 3rd button to take up screen real estate while in apps causeing less than desired views, and I sometimes find myself accidentaly pressing it. I hate the fact that there is no micro SD expandability, especially because I am a media consumer I download a lot of music, apps, and movies/video. Even though this is a consequence of the uni-body disign, but they could have done what they did in the micro sim card and makee a slot that you open. This really makes no sense because this phone is about downloaded media like music and video and the only way to get more space is to buy the 64 GB varient that costs $100 more. Another consequence of the beutiful uni-body design is a cruel one, the loss of an interchangeable or expanded battery. Again the fact that this is a media phone means those buying the phone will be playing a lot of movies and audio, and enjoying imersive games and apps so your phone will be using a lot of its battery and if your not careful you may have to charge your phone more than 1 time a day. Unlike the data storage there isn't another model that you pay more for to get a bigger battery.

I would still say this is the best phone out right now though even with all the cons.

Sorry for the long reviews but please reply with your opinion of the phone below.

Check out my youtube channel and website where I unbox and review tech, and on the occasion discuss tech news.

www.youtube.com/princestech & www.thetechprince.com (primary)

www.youtube.com/houstontexanfan123

For me, having capacitive buttons on the front of the phone at all bothers me, as I am used to softkey buttons. I have a Nexus 4 and 7, and using friends' GS3s just feels weird due to the home button and capacitive buttons. I haven't actually seen a One in person, but it seems like a beautifully well built phone. However, the placement of the lock button and volume rocker seems odd for a right-handed person (to reach the lock button I think I would be hitting the volume rocker). Have you noticed anything of that sort with the placement of the buttons?

For me, having capacitive buttons on the front of the phone at all bothers me, as I am used to softkey buttons. I have a Nexus 4 and 7, and using friends' GS3s just feels weird due to the home button and capacitive buttons. I haven't actually seen a One in person, but it seems like a beautifully well built phone. However, the placement of the lock button and volume rocker seems odd for a right-handed person (to reach the lock button I think I would be hitting the volume rocker). Have you noticed anything of that sort with the placement of the buttons?

At first I noticed that weird senstion you described but in comparison to my iPod touch it feels much better and feels like it was made for a righty, because the volume rocker is right where your thumb would be and the lock button is where your right pointer finger would be at the opposite corner. My main problem with the 3 capacitive buttons is that to replace the third one, while in apps a large brick shaped button at the bottom of the screen is visible so it takes up space from your screen while in games.

Check out my youtube channel and website where I unbox and review tech, and on the occasion discuss tech news.

www.youtube.com/princestech & www.thetechprince.com (primary)

www.youtube.com/houstontexanfan123

I'm left handed but use my phone in my right, The one feels perfect in my right hand my thumb controls the volume rocker and my index finger reaches the lock button although I've flexible joints so it might be an issue for some.

At first I noticed that weird senstion you described but in comparison to my iPod touch it feels much better and feels like it was made for a righty, because the volume rocker is right where your thumb would be and the lock button is where your right pointer finger would be at the opposite corner. My main problem with the 3 capacitive buttons is that to replace the third one, while in apps a large brick shaped button at the bottom of the screen is visible so it takes up space from your screen while in games.

I think I've read somewhere that the new update will allow you to make a long press on home the menu button and swipe up for google now. That said there's a lot of rumours so take it with a grain of salt.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090