Fan Control Question on Noctua Industrial PPC PWM fans

ZeferiniX

I might be worried if it can deliver enough amperage with all those high power fans.

That's what I would go with as you can get the fans to go much much lower rpm.

CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT just have the PWM part split off so if your doing more than 2 fans consider them the same header.

3*0.13A*12v=4.68W for 3 NF-A14

3*0.12A*12v=4.32W for 3 NF-A12

30W-9W=21W left... do your calcul before saying something wrong

The new X41/X61 have an integrated pump speed controller that adjusts the pump speed according to the water temp so the 3pin can be directly hooked to your PSU.

A fan header can provide up to 1Amps (12V so 12W), a NF-F12 takes like 0.05A so you can hook 20 of them in a single header but the PWM signal may become weak. Running atm two AP181's of a single chassis header and they each take like 0.45A at full blast - works perfectly.

3*0.13A*12v=4.68W for 3 NF-A14

3*0.12A*12v=4.32W for 3 NF-A12

30W-9W=21W left... do your calcul before saying something wrong

What are you going on about now? Also I cant see that with dark theme.

With those maths, I guess I can just plug all the fans to the mobo without worrying. Right?

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

With those maths, I guess I can just plug all the fans to the mobo without worrying. Right?

noctua recommends not powering them from a cpu header and since they're PWM it's not hard to do.

You would need to know the number of amps you cpu header can do. This should be in the mb manual where it shows the header pinout. Then you need to know how much each fan needs. This is either on the fan or in its specs. Then just add up the amps of the fans and see if it exceeds the amps the cpu header has.

Either way something like the swifttech splitter just makes things simple because you have so many fans. You just plug the fans into it and then plug it in.

I'm glad i found this. I purchased nf-f12 industrialppc-2000 3 pin fans awhile back.
http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=81&lng=en

Due to an error on NCIXUS website I thought they were 4 pins. I was hoping to plug all 4 into my H100i however that does not work & they do not show on corsair link.
From what I have gathered from this post, correct me if I am wrong! I would be able to buy a swifttech 8way and be able to power the 4 fans and control fan speed ??

Edit: Motherboard - MSI z87 GD65

I'm glad i found this. I purchased nf-f12 industrialppc-2000 3 pin fans awhile back.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=81&lng=en

Due to an error on NCIXUS website I thought they were 4 pins. I was hoping to plug all 4 into my H100i however that does not work & they do not show on corsair link.

From what I have gathered from this post, correct me if I am wrong! I would be able to buy a swifttech 8way and be able to power the 4 fans and control fan speed ??

Edit: Motherboard - MSI z87 GD65

No swifttech splitter only works with 4pin PWM fans.

No swifttech splitter only works with 4pin PWM fans.

back to square one I guess :(.

So what would be my best route in connecting & controlling the fan speed of the noctuas? They are at 100% and have been since I installed them last month and it is starting to drive me insane lol. I would like to avoid buying a fan controller if possible.

Currently I have the 4 Noctuas, 1 200mm side intake & 1 200mm front intake. The only ones I am concerned with controlling fan speed on are the 120mm Noctuas.

back to square one I guess :(.

So what would be my best route in connecting & controlling the fan speed of the noctuas? They are at 100% and have been since I installed them last month and it is starting to drive me insane lol. I would like to avoid buying a fan controller if possible.

Currently I have the 4 Noctuas, 1 200mm side intake & 1 200mm front intake. The only ones I am concerned with controlling fan speed on are the 120mm Noctuas.

Probably a dedicated fan controller, just make sure it has enough amps.

noctua recommends not powering them from a cpu header and since they're PWM it's not hard to do. You would need to know the number of amps you cpu header can do. This should be in the mb manual where it shows the header pinout. Then you need to know how much each fan needs. This is either on the fan or in its specs. Then just add up the amps of the fans and see if it exceeds the amps the cpu header has. Either way something like the swifttech splitter just makes things simple because you have so many fans. You just plug the fans into it and then plug it in.

The reason why I chose noctua fans is because they're good and even Linus loves em but I didn't expect them to draw that much power on fan headers to the point that noctua won't even recommend it.

Sooo I want to know if it's safe to plug IF AND ONLY IF(damn this reminds me of my Data Structure Logic Topic) the maths says it's ok and there's an overhead on the amps of the cpu & fan headers vs total amps of all the fans. Yes or No?

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

The reason why I chose noctua fans is because they're good and even Linus loves em but I didn't expect them to draw that much power on fan headers to the point that noctua won't even recommend it.

Sooo I want to know if it's safe to plug IF AND ONLY IF(damn this reminds me of my Data Structure Logic Topic) the maths says it's ok and there's an overhead on the amps of the cpu & fan headers vs total amps of all the fans. Yes or No?

Yes but that would apply to the normal or redux ones, you know the consumer oriented ones. But you bought industrial 2000 or 3000rpm fans.

Yes sounds about right. Just add up the amps of the fans and and make sure it less than the max the fan header supplies. If you use something like the swiftech splitter you don't have to worry about it because it gets power directly from the PSU, the mb just Controls the fans.