Internet speeds?

Justin_Stewie

Just curious to see how much Download/Upload you get based on where you might live. I know way too people that have 5mb down it's crazy how ISPs can even offer those speeds. I get 65mb/s download and 10mb/s upload on Ethernet and similar via 5ghz wifi. I'm with rogers by the way up here in good old Canada haha. What's your speeds or experiences with bad Internet? 

Some areas the "wires" can't support higher speeds.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Just curious to see how much Download/Upload you get based on where you might live. I know way too people that have 5mb down it's crazy how ISPs can even offer those speeds. I get 65mb/s download and 10mb/s upload on Ethernet and similar via 5ghz wifi. I'm with rogers by the way up here in good old Canada haha. What's your speeds or experiences with bad Internet? 

80/30 with bell, soon 175/30

I would say that the average person that doesn't know about tech, computers, speeds, tend to buy the cheapest package, and those that NEED higher speeds tend to buy faster packages.

For my area (Surrey United Kingdom)

Lowest 3MB
Average 20MB - 30MB
Highest is 120MB

Mine is 110MB

I have been with nearly every ISP in my area, Talk Talk, BT, Sky and Now Virgin Media, and I find that Virgin Media is the most reliable and the fastest.

There is a site I use does a speed test and compares it with other speed tests taken in my area, and my speed is currently the 2nd fasted in my area, with the fastest being a block of offices.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

80/30 with bell, soon 175/30

Nice, I was with bell a couple of times but each time they always screw up whether It'd be not giving us the channels we are paying for or no caller ID 

So many posts have already been made asking this. Just go to this, http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/414-whats-your-internet-speedtest/

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor