"Cleandustrial" - now wall-mounted

44 holes and 20 countersinking later:

IMG_3764_zps05a99e9c.jpg

IMG_3763_zpsd835b3a4.jpg

The sheets still have the protective foils on one side hence the bluish color. I have to do a lot of sanding to get the nasty scratches out but it's far far away.

A bit later:
I cut out the access hole for the CPU bracket and the air in/outlets:

Img_3767_zpsab0e5d43.jpg

The long side of the holes are still roughly cut, needs a bunch of filing and fine sanding in the future. I hope I can slowly make them look acceptable by hand. Wish me luck.

And thank you again for yout awesome responds. (@, @, @, @)

what program are you using for your renders?

I model most of the stuff in SolidWorks then import the models into 3ds Max and use Vray to render inside Max.

These are not fancy renders though. I don't like fiddling with materials and lighting.

44 holes and 20 countersinking later:

The long side of the holes are still roughly cut, needs a bunch of filing and fine sanding in the future. I hope I can slowly make them look acceptable by hand. Wish me luck.

And thank you again for yout awesome responds. (@wolfgang, @clarkmcc, @Weck, @HellaflushMcSwaggins)

how fine are you planning on going with sanding? all the way to polish? or just a fine brushed look?

Blarg

how fine are you planning on going with sanding? all the way to polish? or just a fine brushed look?

probably a brushed look. a polished would show fingerprints and oxidize more I guess. I'll see it when I start doing it.

UPDATE:

I've just ordered the 2 rads and a bunch of wires, connectors and "small stuff", which cost a fortune. Now I need to make some money... And the expensive parts are still awaiting :(

But I plrobably will be able to move into the new case with the old PSU, fans, storage and single, flexible, waterloop for the time being.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo, I've got the raads and fans today:

IMG_3856_zpsaec1c4c2.jpg

I was quite lucky with the Noctua fans. I got them around 21$ each + free shipping. (Keep in mind here in Europe everythings more expensive abour 25-30%. In the UK they are around 25-26$)

My power button, reset switch hole, and SSD LED hole :

IMG_3847_zpsafe4b412.jpg

While I was waiting for the rads I've made my SSD sleds. They simply hook on the rubber grommets and can be fixed with one screw.

IMG_3854_zpsda109f5e.jpg

Also I've made the half box for the front I/O part. The inside is not nice, but on the outside is quite OK for some basic handwork.

IMG_3849_zps4372dae9.jpg

IMG_3851_zps5b5d123b.jpg

I'm still waiting for a package from moddiy but I'm not sure if it will arrive this year. It contains a bunch of stuff for the cabling. Also I've re-done my fanhub PCB plan. Now I'll be able to turn off 2+2 of the fans leaving only 1 fan on, on both rads. I still have to test if this is useful or not. I plan to turn all the fans on only under heavy load.

This is gonna be good, it is already. I missed the name of the aluminum bars, what are they called, might come in handy for a roof rack. Heard they are costly ?

This is gonna be good, it is already. I missed the name of the aluminum bars, what are they called, might come in handy for a roof rack. Heard they are costly ?

Yep, they are not cheap. In America one of the big manufacturers is 80/20 if I'm correct. They are T-slotted aluminium profiles.

This used the same stuff for the frame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXUTtpT8_0I&list=UUXuqSBlHAE6Xw-yeJA0Tunw

(Maybe Luke even mentions 80/20)

Yep, they are not cheap. In America one of the big manufacturers is 80/20 if I'm correct. They are T-slotted aluminium profiles.

YES! I remember 80/20 now, my uncle a genius machinist and told me about these before. Thanks  :)

small update:
The rads now can be mounted into their intended place, and the PSU side of the backside is half-done. still needs a big hole where the PSU will be, and some screwholes.

IMG_3876_zpsd19c8251.jpg

more pictures:

the different parts join quite well, I guess:

IMG_3874_zpsb18ec44e.jpg

top:

IMG_3877_zpsea289698.jpg

front:
IMG_3881_zps2db47efc.jpg

still don't know where the SSDs will be exactly

IMG_3883_zpsecf41c0a.jpg

Unfortunately I still don't have the mesh for the "airfilters"/in-and-out-takes.

I've got USB sockets now. The PCB is ugly so I won't show it around, but hopefully it will work just fine.

IMG_3888_zps5ee2aef9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So now I'm in the Frankenstein step of the build.

IMG_3909_zps60c8fd76.jpg

Unfortunately my PCI-e riser cable was short so I could not put the videocard in the intended place, but I can use it sticking out of the case. It's a mess on both sides of the "case". Everythings temporary.
One of the 2 USB 3.0 sockets is working. (I only had cable for one)
My pwm fan-hub is working but there's only one rad/3 fans in the case right now so half of the hub is used. I can turn off 2 of the 3 fans but on idle they spin under 300rpm. No audible difference between 1 or 3 fans. I love these Noctuas.
The most noisy part of the build right now is the waterpump and the HDD. I've put a piece of rubber under the waterpump-top-bracket because the low humm was amped by the whole rigid cage. No surprise tho'.

IMG_3907_zps0b2cf39e.jpg

Also the power button, power LED, and HDD LED is hooked up. Run out of thin wires...

I really need the power supply so that I can start cleaning up some wires.
It's a hot mess but at least it's running and I can use it

IMG_3916_zpsb39720ee.jpg

Looks very cool :) Subbed

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Very very nice :D subbed

Looks very cool :) Subbed

Thank you, for both of you!

Neat!

I would highly recommend dipping all of the raw aluminum pieces in clear chem conversion coating to inhibit corroding.

Those rads look really dirty, they look like they have a lot of dust on them

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Pretty sure that's the copper fins against aluminum pieces, they look alright to me

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

• 2 weeks later...

They are not painted = That's how the raw soldered brass fins look like. I can understand if it looks ugly for many people.

On other note, I'm having trouble getting the PCI-e cable. I don't trust the cheap ones made for mining. 3M makes a really nice and expensive shielded one in 250 and 500mm length.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/8KC3-0726-0500/3M12026-ND/3641403

My only problem is the shipping charge which doubles the already high price. I've only found normal shipping within the US from ebay or amazon.

I don't mind if I have to pay 100$ for that stupid cable but to pay another 100 to get it, it's just crazy...

Any idea or help on how to get one is appreciated!

They are not painted = That's how the raw soldered brass fins look like. I can understand if it looks ugly for many people.

On other note, I'm having trouble getting the PCI-e cable. I don't trust the cheap ones made for mining. 3M makes a really nice and expensive shielded one in 250 and 500mm length.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/8KC3-0726-0500/3M12026-ND/3641403

My only problem is the shipping charge which doubles the already high price. I've only found normal shipping within the US from ebay or amazon.

I don't mind if I have to pay 100$ for that stupid cable but to pay another 100 to get it, it's just crazy...

Any idea or help on how to get one is appreciated!

Was looking around and wondered if this would serve your purpose?

http://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/Slot-Extension/PCI-Express-Riser-Card-x16-Left-Slot-Adapter-for-1U-2U-Servers~PEX16RISER

Not sure if it is what you were looking for or if it will work (I'm no expert on risers) but it is x16 to x16, so pretty sure it will give you optimal performance. Also not sure what shipping is like.

If shipping from websites if expensive,  look into these guys: http://www.myus.com/

You can ship any US product to them, and then they will ship it internationally for cheap(ish). Great service as well - used them as I live in Australia :)

No. What I need is a quiality shielded cable/extender. I've only found one, what I've linked. And Probably will buy one once I know where's the "cheapest".

And thanks for the myus.com link. I'll check them for sure!

In the meantime I've got the missing USB 3.0 cable but I've messed something up (probably the superspeed wires) so it only runs 2.0 mode now on the second front I/O slot. Have to check it again tomorrow.

What I really need, is money or some sponsors to make some progress :( But it's usually the case with most builds.

No. What I need is a quiality shielded cable/extender. I've only found one, what I've linked. And Probably will buy one once I know where's the "cheapest".

There's a new company called Li-Heat that's offering quality PCIe 3.0 extenders at reasonable prices, not sure if you can get one shipped to Hungary though: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-Express-PCI-E-16X-Riser-Card-3-0-X16-to-X16-250mm-high-speed-Flexible-Cable-/121169471481

Someone on OCN got one and they're legit: http://www.overclock.net/t/1526575/build-log-little-mac-4-2l-gaming-htpc/60_20#post_23409506