Help needed with new build

Hi,

With the new X99 chipset, DDR4, GTX980 and new Intel Haswell-E's it's time for a new high end PC build. Of course I want to OC this and do this again with watercooling and that's why I'm here to ask you guys some things.

- First thing is the case, I cannot make a decision between the Corsair 900D or the Panteks Enthoo Primo. Both cases have their advantages and disadvantages. I'm just looking for a case that doesn't require any modding like drilling or soldering etc. Now the 900D has more space above the motherboard while the Enthoo Primo has limited space. The 900D is bigger also and might leave an empty look somehow I know that and all the 900D builds look like the next 900D build while the Enthoo Primo build can opt for more creativity not? So my first question here is what case would you recommend me? You can suggest another case to but not a caselabs since I live in the EU and the import + shipping costs make this case simply to expensive.

- Secondly I want to use two 480mm rads, one on top and one in the bottom of the case. This has to keep the CPU and 980 cool. I think that one D5 should do not? Even if I decide to add a second GPU later on? And on what stand (1-5) should this be set?

- Now for fans on the rads I've been looking at Noctua, Noiseblocker and Corsair ones but the Noctua's aren't beauty contest winners and the Corsairs seems overhyped? But then the Noiseblockers seems only good in push config. I'm planning to use a fancontroller so would this allow me to use the Noiseblockers eLoops in pull config to on the rads? Then that leaves me to what casefans to pick for the airflow (non pressure optimized fans). What are your suggestions here?

- For the reservoir I've been thinking about something like a tube reservoir with a D5 pump build in like the XSPC Photon tube. I just can mount this one right next to the motherbord without the need to drill extra holes with the 900D or Panteks right?

- Also where do people hide their SSD's in Corsairs 900D? On the other side of the case where the wires are? Are there pre drilled holes there and do the cases comes with brackets for these?

- Lastly I've been thinking about this watercooling setup:

Pump: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Reservoir/Pump Combo

Rads: 2x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 480mm

Blocks: for CPU the EK Supremacy Evo seems the best not? And are the Full cover blocks from EK good enough to are is there a better option?

Fans: Noiseblockers?

Fancontroller: No idea actually just something with 30W per channel will do I guess?

Tubing: Tygon or Masterkleer? It's been 6 years since I've read about watercooling parts so I don't know which one are better.

Fittings: Bitspower I presume :P .

Does this looks ok to you guys or am I seeing something over my head here?

Thank you in advance for your input and time and I hope to hear soon from you guys so I can order this.

could you put this all into http://pcpartpicker.com/

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Ok will do that for you, give me a few.

alright

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

Are my questions to hard because I dont seem any activity here in my topic? :(

4 times as much ram dual 970's better storage  dont buy the sound card all for less

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  (£293.77 @ Ebuyer) 

Motherboard: Asus RAMPAGE V EXTREME EATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (£327.70 @ Ebuyer) 

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£347.85 @ Amazon UK) 

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£347.85 @ Amazon UK) 

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£134.70 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£134.70 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£289.64 @ CCL Computers) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£289.64 @ CCL Computers) 

Case: Corsair 900D ATX Full Tower Case  (£271.19 @ Aria PC) 

Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£234.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 

Optical Drive: Asus BW-16D1HT Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  (£69.99 @ Amazon UK) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£69.29 @ Aria PC) 

Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  (£620.00 @ Amazon UK) 

Total: £4055.27

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-13 17:12 BST+0100

JEman99,

Thanks for your input but I needed help with my questions about the watercooling more then with the setup.

Although it's nice that you offer me the tips about the memory and video cards. ;)

JEman99,

Thanks for your input but I needed help with my questions about the watercooling more then with the setup.

Although it's nice that you offer me the tips about the memory and video cards. ;)

okay go 900d dual 480's with a d5 at marker 3-4 or dual at 2 the d5 is powerful and quiet

Isn't 64GB Ram overkill? I dont intend to do much Virtualization anyway.

Isn't 64GB Ram overkill? I dont intend to do much Virtualization anyway.

do you plan to render a lot

Some Photoshop Lightroom sometimes but not that much.

then take one 32 gb kit out

• 2 weeks later...

In the 900D can you put 3 fans in front of the case if you use a 420mm rad at the bottom or is there no space then due to the rad?

Also I'm finding it hard to find the best push/pull fan is the Noiseblocker isn't good in pull and the Noctua's aren't the most pretty and the Corsairs are not best if you look at performance/price/sound.

So what fans would you recommend?