Desktop Being Slow HELP

AustinM
Go to solution Solved by AustinM,

Can't help you if we don't know your PC specs! What HDD/Motherboard/CPU/SSD/etc etc are you using? It could be the result of a number of errors.

i5 4690K, MSI B85-G43 Gaming MOBO, 240GB SanDisk SSD, 8GB of 1866 RipJ ram, Coolermaster hydro cpu cooling, Asus 750 Ti GPU and a Antec 620w PSU

Just put together my new rig for this year and i've had this problem only recently when i right click on my desktop, say to go to create a new folder it takes a good 10-15 seconds to respond and open the tab. its only a minor error with my pc but fustrates me at times. please help if you know a solution to this problem :)

Can't help you if we don't know your PC specs! What HDD/Motherboard/CPU/SSD/etc etc are you using? It could be the result of a number of errors.

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)

i5 4690K, MSI B85-G43 Gaming MOBO, 240GB SanDisk SSD, 8GB of 1866 RipJ ram, Coolermaster hydro cpu cooling, Asus 750 Ti GPU and a Antec 620w PSU

Could very well be a piece of software that has added a new filetype to the "Create New..." list which Windows is doing checks on each time you open it.

Is this a fresh install of Windows, NO updates or installed software?

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Could very well be a piece of software that has added a new filetype to the "Create New..." list which Windows is doing checks on each time you open it.

Is this a fresh install of Windows, NO updates or installed software?

no

There's something in your context menu that has been recently added that is causing the slowdown. That, or broken links (e.g. inaccessible mapped network drive shortcut) on your desktop are known to cause issues such as these.

| i5-2500k | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 | G.Skill 8GB | 2x XFX R9 280X | EVGA 1000W G2 Gold |