Thinking of getting the corsair hydro h100i

Go to solution Solved by Clyne,

The main reason I was looking at this one was the corsair link software to change the backlight led color of the block, I need something with a red led and the h100i allows you to change it 

You could get the h105 and put a red color accent ring on the cpu block.....

They are probably assuming that it is for the top mounting.  Look at your case yourself, don't look online.  Look to see if it has mounting spots for 2x 140mm fans in the front.

Another option is your rear fan, if it has room for a 140mm.

Both top and front have access for 2 140mm fans, it just dosnt look like there is enough clearance on the top for the rad and fans to be on the inside without hitting some of the heatsinks on my MB, however i've modified the case and taken out both HDD cages from the front allowing full access for the rad to be there with the 120/140mm fans - Im going to shoot for the i105 as the specs say its 12.5" of tubing, and when placed in the front, taking into account of the thickness of the rad, it will give me about 11" to the CPU, so it seems it will be alright? 

Spoiler

Both top and front have access for 2 140mm fans, it just dosnt look like there is enough clearance on the top for the rad and fans to be on the inside without hitting some of the heatsinks on my MB, however i've modified the case and taken out both HDD cages from the front allowing full access for the rad to be there with the 120/140mm fans - Im going to shoot for the i105 as the specs say its 12.5" of tubing, and when placed in the front, taking into account of the thickness of the rad, it will give me about 11" to the CPU, so it seems it will be alright? 

Yea, and worst case scenario, if it doesn't reach, you can still place the radiator inside the case and it wont negatively impact performance, at least not by much. It can be propped up at an angle resting and it will be fine.  If you live in the U.S., look into the Cooler Master Seidon 240M, it is the best price:performance AIO.  The H105 will perform a little bit better, but not a whole lot.

If shopping through Newegg, make sure you use the Visa Checkout.  It doesn't take much time to sign up for, and you aren't required to use it other than the first time.  Well worth the 10% discount.  Use the Visa Checkout + Cooler Master Seidon $25 MIR, and a 240mm AIO only ends up costing you $60!  Unbeatable.  That is what I did, and I couldn't be happier.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."