Smartphone fall 2014

Hi everyone!
My old smartphone is broken so I'm considering for buying a new smartphone. But I'am already waiting a long time, because I'm thinking that they will announce a new phone that will be better (iPhone, Nexus 6, Ubuntu...).
What do you guys find a good smartphone that is not outdated? (less then 500dollars)
Is it worth it to wait till they release the Nexus 6? Does any of you have some experience with motorola?

When I look at the specs from the Nexus 5, I barely can find another phone with that processor, but the Nexus 5 is already 1 year old...

I previously had an iPhone, but I find 550dollars for a phone a little to much...

Thanks!

The Oneplus One pretty much has the best price/performance ratio you can get right now, if you can get your hands on an invite or if you're willing to wait for when the pre-orders become available (somewhere at the end of October). For $300 you get a 2.5 GHZ quad core processor, 3GB RAM and a 5.5 inch 1080p display. I received mine recently and I'm loving it so far.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Thank you! I will check it out! When will it be avaible?

Thank you! I will check it out! When will it be avaible?

Oneplus will allow pre-orders without invites at the end of October. I would definitely try to get this phone from Oneplus itself and not from any retailers, because they are more expensive and load the phone with ColorOS, instead of CM11 (it is possible to install CM11 though). People on this forum are pretty generous and sometimes some guy pops up sharing his invites, i got my invite from an LTT forum member as well.

Also considering you might no be familiar with Android, i was talking about skins for android. It's not some weird Chinese operating system. CM11 is a really good skin for Android.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED