Watercooling the Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Vapor-X OC Edition

So I am wanting to watercool my entire system including a second GPU in Crossfire. Here is my plan so far:

1.Buy a Club 3D Royal Ace 290 and the EK full cover waterblock that fits it. 
2. Buy 1 dual 120mm rad and 1 dual 140mm rad to add onto my Swifttech H220X that currently watercools my CPU
3. Outfit all 3 rads with Noctua NF-F12 fans for super quiet performance. 

Here is the catch, I currently have the 290 Vapor-X OC edition and nobody makes a full cover waterblock that fits it. This leaves me with using a universal waterblock but then having to use alternate cooling solutions for my VRMs. Is the plate on the back of the Sapphire enough for this or do I need to also get some other VRM cooling solutions?

I want to do all of this watercooling partially for the challenge and for overclocking and I'm wondering if anyone has any idea of what type of monitor resolution I should be shooting for when I go to buy all of this (monitor included). 

Side note: I currently have a i5 4690k running at 4.7 GHz however I'm concerned about it only having 16 PCI-e lanes, is this not an issue or should I be looking to get a Intel i5/i7 X series processor to accommodate the extra video cards? 

Thanks for any advice in advance!

For 3 GPUs your CPU is fine. I have heard four might have problems with Nvidia Cards. Leave it. Since only 2 cards don't think about that. For VRAM u would be fine with the backplate. But don't except super crazy overclocks after watercooling cuz in a video Linus shows this. Irt would bebgreat for looks with a custom loop. That's all.

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

So I am wanting to watercool my entire system including a second GPU in Crossfire. Here is my plan so far:

1.Buy a Club 3D Royal Ace 290 and the EK full cover waterblock that fits it. 

2. Buy 1 dual 120mm rad and 1 dual 140mm rad to add onto my Swifttech H220X that currently watercools my CPU

3. Outfit all 3 rads with Noctua NF-F12 fans for super quiet performance. 

Here is the catch, I currently have the 290 Vapor-X OC edition and nobody makes a full cover waterblock that fits it. This leaves me with using a universal waterblock but then having to use alternate cooling solutions for my VRMs. Is the plate on the back of the Sapphire enough for this or do I need to also get some other VRM cooling solutions?

I want to do all of this watercooling partially for the challenge and for overclocking and I'm wondering if anyone has any idea of what type of monitor resolution I should be shooting for when I go to buy all of this (monitor included). 

Side note: I currently have a i5 4690k running at 4.7 GHz however I'm concerned about it only having 16 PCI-e lanes, is this not an issue or should I be looking to get a Intel i5/i7 X series processor to accommodate the extra video cards? 

Thanks for any advice in advance!

1. Check if EK makes a water block for that GPU first.

2. Your temps will be nice with that many rads, however it might be pushing it having three rads and three water blocks on the H220-X's pump... Definitely find out if it's strong enough. Otherwise just get a good D5 pump/res combo like the XSPC D5 Photon or EK D5 X-RES 140.

3. The dual 140mm rad would need NF-A14's.

4. It wouldn't look very clean IMO, to 'half cool' the other GPU. Any chance you can sell it for a decent price and get a different one EK has a water block for?

5. Both the 4690K and 4790K can handle 2-way CF GPU's so no issues there.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.