r9 270 x

kjnc

Is the 270x worth it as a budget gpu?

Is the 270x worth it as a budget gpu?

I was able to get a 280 for the price of a more expensive 270X, try and find a 280 on sell somewhere.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I'll try to squeeze in a bit more for a 280 or a 285.

Why so?

Why so?

The 270X and the 280 should ultimately be the same price.

The 280/285 performs better than the 270X.

270X<280<285

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Here's advice, don't spend that much money for a 270X because there are price drops on the 280 which means you could find one under 200. If you wanted to save money, then get the 270, it's the same thing as the 270X but with a lower clock speed.

Dunno about you guys, but I got a brand new gigabyte windforce 270x for $180 on amazon, and it is a beast for the price.

If you want to buy a used 280 that's on sale for $180, be my guest. I couldn't find a new one for $180 that's for sure. And the overclocked 270x that I got is nearly as good as a 280 anyways, so...

I would say, if you can find a $180 r9 280, consider yourself lucky. But if you can't get it for that price, get a new 270x for about $180 which is about as good as a 280 anyways.

Honestly, the juicy gtx 970 is where it's all at anyways. I'd rather just bite my tongue and pay the extra $150, because it's solidly twice the power or more of any 270x.

I didn't get it purely because the only game I play is Starcraft II, which the 270x maxes out at over 60fps.