Pc build

So i am picking out the parts for my 1st PC i am going to build here are the part let me know if i should change anything or if you have any suggestions.

I want to be able to run games good and be able to do little bits of video work

I also want to be able to upgrade to SLI graphics card in the future and upgrade to 16 GB of RAM that is the power supply is 1200 Watts but i still don't know if that is too much i will be over clocking and want to spend much more than i am right now

Other things i want o add in the future is a TV tuner WiFi card , capture card , and second SDD 

Help me if you can thanks  :)  :D

GPU  ASUS STRIX-GTX980 

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K

Motherboard  ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO

SSD Crucial MX100 SSD 512GB

Cooler CORSAIR Hydro Series H110

Case Corsair Graphite Series 760T

RAM CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB)

Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1200W Power Supply

A decent 860W PSU will be plenty even for SLI. Or if you want you can get a 1000W but 1200W is waaaaay to much ;)

For example the Cooler Master V850 if you wanna stick with that brand.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

@benmaxwell47 Just an Idea, maybe a HDD? 1tb drive are pretty cheap. If you drop the size of the PSU (1200w is little bit over kill for maxwel cards) you could squeeze one in.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

if you are planning to game on 1080p make sure you get a 144hz moniotor, because on a 60hz monitor it will tear so much

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

@benmaxwell47 Just an Idea, maybe a HDD? 1tb drive are pretty cheap. If you drop the size of the PSU (1200w is little bit over kill for maxwel cards) you could squeeze one in.

WD Blue 1tb = $50

I'd throw in a HDD, they're pretty cheap, also use something like http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index.html to calculate how much power you'll need, I don't think you'll need 1200W even with SLI.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

lower watt power supply and if u can ddr4 be amazingly good but i guess if u can settle for ddr3 that is fine

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

@PaulKolby

To go to DDR4 he would need to go to X99, a much more expensive platform.  Also try to type sentences that are coherent. 

Seems like a solid build, however you could probably drop to an i5 4690k if you aren't doing a ton of video work.  Definitely go with the HDD and the lower capacity power supply.  Great parts list though!

I will be getting a hdd a month after my build I gonna switch to a 1000w and thinking about ddr4

I will be getting a hdd a month after my build I gonna switch to a 1000w and thinking about ddr4

DDR4 should future proof your build.

Is 1000w still to much?

You could run 3 x GTX 980 cards off a 1000W psu. If you only plan on dual cards, then go with a 750W/850W. The EVGA G2 mentioned above is very good.

@lee32uk is that web site just for the gpu does it count the cpu and motherboard and sdds because the website just said graphics cards?

Do not consider DDR4. It is currently only available on the LGA2011-3 platform. It is relatively expensive. It will make little or no difference in game performance.

1000W psu is far, far to large for the build. A 650W psu would be more than sufficient. 750W if you are truly paranoid and choose not to believe the hard data. 850W if you plan to add a second gpu in the next 12 months.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

@lee32uk is that web site just for the gpu does it count the cpu and motherboard and sdds because the website just said graphics cards?

It is an estimate for the whole system. It won't be deadly accurate as every pc is different, but is a good guideline.