[US - Newegg] Acer XB280HK Is Here! $799

kraxe_tk

It's such a big deal, you decided to post it twice?

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

At that price point, would definitely prefer the Swift over this.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Am I the only one to get excited over this release?  (BTW thank you moderator, for fixing my post title)

Am I the only one to get excited over this release?  (BTW thank you moderator, for fixing my post title)

You're definately NOT the only one excited over this release!

I just purchased one!

I debated over this or the Rog Swift.

I currently have a 24" 144hz monitor, so the Swift checked alot of boxes for me, and I very likely would have bought it last month if I could have got my hands on one. However, since then I've been hearing about a lot of seemingly fairly common "issues" with the Swift which has raised concerns about that panel for me. Plus, I noticed alot of reviews for this Acer with 4k, G-sync and 1ms GTG. Seems like a good combination as well. Sure I would prefer it to have 120hz+, but it will probably be a year or two before we see those on the market since they require the DP 1.3 spec which was just released.

Mostly I'm just itching to try 4k gaming now, and the G-sync is just what that needed IMO, since GPU's in general are currently struggling with 4k gaming content. Even if we had 120hz+ 4k displays available, very high FPS in 4k is extremely expensive to achieve right now. I'm hoping that G-sync will help make up for that as reviews seem to indicate.

If you want 4K and G-sync, there is only one choice right now. Guess I'll find out if it was a good one soon enough!

You're definately NOT the only one excited over this release!

I just purchased one!

I debated over this or the Rog Swift.

I currently have a 24" 144hz monitor, so the Swift checked alot of boxes for me, and I very likely would have bought it last month if I could have got my hands on one. However, since then I've been hearing about a lot of seemingly fairly common "issues" with the Swift which has raised concerns about that panel for me. Plus, I noticed alot of reviews for this Acer with 4k, G-sync and 1ms GTG. Seems like a good combination as well. Sure I would prefer it to have 120hz+, but it will probably be a year or two before we see those on the market since they require the DP 1.3 spec which was just released.

Mostly I'm just itching to try 4k gaming now, and the G-sync is just what that needed IMO, since GPU's in general are currently struggling with 4k gaming content. Even if we had 120hz+ 4k displays available, very high FPS in 4k is extremely expensive to achieve right now. I'm hoping that G-sync will help make up for that as reviews seem to indicate.

If you want 4K and G-sync, there is only one choice right now. Guess I'll find out if it was a good one soon enough!

Yes, I agree.  The GPU market will not be ready for 4K @ 120hz for a while.  Quad SLI is just too ridiculous, and doesn't even scale right.  So what's next  8K @ 60hz, or 4K @ 120hz?  I can hardly wait to gaze at the glory of 4K @ 60hz G-sync.