Accessing internal storage on MOTO G - USB debug. disabled

shorinman

Hey guys,

So my girlfriend broke the LCD Panel in her Moto G.  Phone still works, can still receive incoming calls if you swipe roughly in the right area.  So my question is:

she has many photos and other items on her internal storage in the phone which cannot be accessed since we never turned on USB debugging mode.  So when we plug it into a USB port on my PC nothing happens.... Frustration!  Is there a way, that you guys know of, to get the damn thing recognisable within Windows even with USB debug. off?

Thanks very much.

i5 2500k+Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB HyperX Blu - 240GB PNY XLR8 - Sapphire Reference 7970 - P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 - OCZ ZX 850W

Unlike *some* people, I do not claim to be an expert computer guru.  When I make mistakes, I apologise and I own up to them.  Then, I continue to learn so that I may provide those in need with educated answers to the best of my ability.

she has many photos and other items on her internal storage in the phone which cannot be accessed since we never turned on USB debugging mode.  So when we plug it into a USB port on my PC nothing happens.... Frustration!  Is there a way, that you guys know of, to get the damn thing recognisable within Windows even with USB debug. off?

You don't need USB debugging to be on to transfer files to/from the device?

"Rawr XD"

USB debugging doesn't have to be enabled to access internal storage of the device.