Need help with bottlenecking problems.

So i have an msi r9 270 gaming 2gb GPU

and an amd athlon 2 64

I run games in with a resolution of 1280x1024

with all the settings on lowest.

My cpu is from 2005 and is pretty bad, but my gpu is really good and i am having big bottlenecking problems.

Is there anyway to deal with bottlenecking except for buying a new cpu?

and is there a way to make the gpu do more work and the cpu less?

Please let me know, i have bad fps and frame drops in most new games, especially source games like tf2 because they need more cpu than other games.

No there is now other way to deal with botttlenecking except buying a new cpu.

But it does depend on the game, so some should work better than others.

Hi. I think that problem is somewhere else Yes you are probably getting bottlenecked but you should still play games like TF2 on high settings with that CPU. On my old PC I was able to play TF2 on high with ATI Radeon HD 3870 + Athlon 2 x64 (1024x768 resolution).

The fact that you have a processor from 2005 would also mean that you have a really old Motherboard too which will have PCI-E v.1, and old DDR2 RAM which is also slow as hell. Bottleneck after bottleneck after bottleneck!

My Rig!

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D, Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming, CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K (OC'd to 4.2Ghz), RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz, GFX: 2 x Gigabyte GTX770 OC Windforce in SLI, CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i with Corsair SP120 Quiet edition fans, SSD: 2 x 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro in Raid 0, Storage: 2Tb WD Caviar Black, PSU: Corsair AX760i, Monitor: Benq XL2024T Keyboard: Corsair K70, Mouse: Razer Taipan

The fact that you have a processor from 2005 would also mean that you have a really old Motherboard too which will have PCI-E v.1, and old DDR2 RAM which is also slow as hell. Bottleneck after bottleneck after bottleneck!

No, i have DDR3 RAM.

Anyway, looks like nobody is helping...   :(

If anyone here could tell me what options in game affect the gpu and what effects the cpu, let me know   :)