Need planned build checked

yuh25
Go to solution Solved by yuh25,

Here's a photo of my finished build, thanks guys so much for helping me out =)

scxm.jpg

Unfortunately I'm currently away from the desktop so I can't take any better photos. I was thinking of putting in white(?) LED strips and I was just wondering the length of strip would be good for the 350D.

Currently looking at these ones: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1354_1356&products_id=24037

But the 780 will be cheaper in 2-3 years

In 2-3 years, at the rate hardware develops, there will probably be something out there that is better and probably cheaper or the same amount than going SLI'ed 780s.

Rightio, I'll just stick to what I've got now then. :)

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

You could go with a 600w psu. There's a trend of gpu/cpu's using less power. If you're not going to sli, something like a cx600 should do.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'll just stick with the 750w, only $10 more than the 600w ver.

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

Just wondering, would it be better to get a single 8gb memory or dual 4gb memory?

Just wondering, would it be better to get a single 8gb memory or dual 4gb memory?

Dual channel 2x4gigs can be up to 50% faster than a single channel 8gig stick.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I've been given some extra money, is there any improvements I could get with $200-$400 more from PCCG?  I've already purchased the motherboard(G1 sniper m5) and GPU from NCIX.

I've changed-

• RAM: Corsair CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 8GB
  • CPU: 4770k
  • PSU: Xigmatek Vector G 750W 80+ Gold

anything else?

Edited by yuh25

So, what case have you decided on?

I decided to stick with the Corsair 350D

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a photo of my finished build, thanks guys so much for helping me out =)

scxm.jpg

Unfortunately I'm currently away from the desktop so I can't take any better photos. I was thinking of putting in white(?) LED strips and I was just wondering the length of strip would be good for the 350D.

Currently looking at these ones: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1354_1356&products_id=24037