HTC One M8 eye

Monkeymatthew78

This is an updated HTC One m8 but with a better camera that most people complained about with the phone. Now the phone is perfect. And maybe it will even include OIS.

The specs of the phone are below.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_(m8)_eye-6713.php

Some rumors do make the phone not have front facing speakers but we won't know until its released. Hopefully its not and its a HTC One m8 with a better camera. 

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/htc-desire-eye-and-one-m8-eye-leaked-ahead-of-wednesday-launch-603078

It might be released during the next HTC event which is October 8th.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/new-htc-one-m8-teased-for-8-october-event-1268066

i was gonna wait till march for the m9, but if this is true. then im definitely using my jump to get this phone. then in 6 months( in time for m9) imma upgrade to later. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I just got the M8 not too long ago. I don't take any selfies so this new HTC One Eye doesn't make me dissatisfied with my early choice.

(Upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S1 and I'm enjoying the HTC One.)

I just got the M8 not too long ago. I don't take any selfies so this new HTC One Eye doesn't make me dissatisfied with my early choice.

(Upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S1 and I'm enjoying the HTC One.)

Its the back camera that changed to a dual 13 mp. The front camera is still 5 mp.

This is an updated HTC One m8 but with a better camera that most people complained about with the phone. Now the phone is perfect. And maybe it will even include OIS.

The specs of the phone are below.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_(m8)_eye-6713.php

Some rumors do make the phone not have front facing speakers but we won't know until its released. Hopefully its not and its a HTC One m8 with a better camera. 

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/htc-desire-eye-and-one-m8-eye-leaked-ahead-of-wednesday-launch-603078

It might be released during the next HTC event which is October 8th.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/new-htc-one-m8-teased-for-8-october-event-1268066

M8 Eye should have boomsound speaker from those promotional materials and images from TENNA, while for Desire Eye it is still uncertain...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/226700-unannounced-htc-one-m8-eye-passes-through-tenaa/

Watch them use the same terribad sensor that they used for the E8 and One Mini 2

Praise Duarte!

Watch them use the same terribad sensor that they used for the E8 and One Mini 2

I hope they will use the sensor on the butterfly 2, which is a much better sensor that the one on E8 and One Mini 2...

It feels like HTC are milking the M8 design/name at this point. They have released like 5 different versions of it, all of which are 90% the same.

At this point the phone doesn't even have top of the line specs, are we aren't *that* far away from a brand new generation. I don't think getting the M8 Eye is a good idea.

It feels like HTC are milking the M8 design/name at this point. They have released like 5 different versions of it, all of which are 90% the same.

At this point the phone doesn't even have top of the line specs, are we aren't *that* far away from a brand new generation. I don't think getting the M8 Eye is a good idea.

Dude, what about the Galaxy series?

I think it will be something like a facelift at cars. Little touch here and there and that is it.

Aldo i love my red M8, i have no problem with it apart that the built in music player is a piece of crap

can't I just get the camera module and replace the standard one? I don't want to buy a hole new phone.

Dude, what about the Galaxy series?

I think it will be something like a facelift at cars. Little touch here and there and that is it.

Aldo i love my red M8, i have no problem with it apart that the built in music player is a piece of crap

The Galaxy series is a phone product line ranging from the low end to the high end, smartphones to tablets. The M8 is a single device from a product line.

Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of variations of the S5 as well, but that doesn't make HTC immune from criticism when they are doing the exact same thing. I don't think releasing the same device over and over with some very minor tweaks to one or two components is a good idea.

HTC will have: The M8, the E8, the M8 eye and the Butterfly 2. On top of that there were some pretty strong rumors about an M8 Prime but that it was canceled. That's 4 devices with are pretty much the same except for one or two parts, some of which are released several months apart.

I would prefer to see them do like this:

One phablet

One flagship ~5" or below device.

One mid range device (this could for example be a "HTC M8 Mini").

One low end device.

MAYBE one super cheap phone (like sub 100 dollars).

That would be good for consumers (too much choice is confusing for the average Joe) and it would be good for HTC (less devices to support). It would also cover the entire market except for some niche features. Just space the releases out (like Samsung has done with the Galaxy S and Note line) and you can have a new, fresh product on the market like every 3 months (which helps get you coverage on news websites).

The Galaxy series is a phone product line ranging from the low end to the high end, smartphones to tablets. The M8 is a single device from a product line.

Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of variations of the S5 as well, but that doesn't make HTC immune from criticism when they are doing the exact same thing. I don't think releasing the same device over and over with some very minor tweaks to one or two components is a good idea.

HTC will have: The M8, the E8, the M8 eye and the Butterfly 2. On top of that there were some pretty strong rumors about an M8 Prime but that it was canceled. That's 4 devices with are pretty much the same except for one or two parts, some of which are released several months apart.

I would prefer to see them do like this:

One phablet

One flagship ~5" or below device.

One mid range device (this could for example be a "HTC M8 Mini").

One low end device.

MAYBE one super cheap phone (like sub 100 dollars).

That would be good for consumers (too much choice is confusing for the average Joe) and it would be good for HTC (less devices to support). It would also cover the entire market except for some niche features. Just space the releases out (like Samsung has done with the Galaxy S and Note line) and you can have a new, fresh product on the market like every 3 months (which helps get you coverage on news websites).

There are some rumors about the M8 Max, a rumored-M8-Prime-rebirth....

and the still-rumored Desire Eye has similar spec as the M8, except the camera and the rumored-water resistance chassis, so actually HTC released about 7 phones with similar specs (included the Harman Kardon Edition M8), and I too don't think this is a good idea for HTC....

i was gonna wait till march for the m9, but if this is true. then im definitely using my jump to get this phone. then in 6 months( in time for m9) imma upgrade to later. 

March for the M9?

Please lend me some of your knowledge, master of news

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

March for the M9?

Please lend me some of your knowledge, master of news

the htc m8 was came out in march? right... same with m7. so i believe that the m9 will come out in march also. just an inference no actual knowledge 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.