8 core fun with Crysis 3 !

So today I decided to do some benchmarking with Crysis 3. I'm running the spec in my signature.

Believe me when I say, this 8 core CPU absolutely demolishes my old Xeon (same as a I5 2400) in Crysis 3.

I decided to do two runs. One with the settings maxed and 2XMSAA and the second with the same settings only this time using 4XMSAA.

The results over a 45 second benchmark run were as follows.

Run one All very high - 2XMSAA

Min =  51 FPS
AVG =  81.267 FPS
MAX =  137 FPS

Run two All very high - 4XMSAA

Min =  39 FPS
AVG =  51.244 FPS
MAX =  72 FPS

Run two as a video.

Here I decided to actually record the benchmark so you can see how the game plays on my system, and, the 8 core 8320 @ 4.2ghz. I'm pretty sure that no one would have any complaints. Here is my ghetto camera tripod :D

tripod.jpg

And you can watch the benchmark video here :)

IMO this is the way the future for PC gaming is headed. More cores the merrier ;)

Enjoy !

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

there are only a few games out optimized for 8 cores. Crysis is on of a few. But a benchmark without something to compare to is...hmm suboptimal :D

since your saying it demolishes your old xeon system why not record two videos.

put the GTX 670 into the xeon system and run max settings with 4x MSAA,and then add the numbers here to compare with.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

since your saying it demolishes your old xeon system why not record two videos.

put the GTX 670 into the xeon system and run max settings with 4x MSAA,and then add the numbers here to compare with.

I can't run the Xeon system any more. It's been removed (the board failed and took 5 weeks to come back) and by that time I'd given up and bought the AMD and board.

However, I did benchmark the same location running the Xeon system and with 2XMSAA here were the results, using the exact same methodology.

Crysis3minmaxavg.jpg

So as I said, the AMD literally doubles the performance. TBH I already knew how much the Xeon was holding back my rig, which was why I decided not to wait for the board to come back and to just go with 8 cores, given that everything will support 8 cores within the next year.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

there are only a few games out optimized for 8 cores. Crysis is on of a few. But a benchmark without something to compare to is...hmm suboptimal :D

Any one who has played Crysis 3 and dared to add any MSAA will know just how good my results are tbh.

Any one who has played Crysis 3 and dared to add any MSAA will know just how good my results are tbh.

yes but you can't say stuff like "wuaaahh my monsta AMD kills my old Xeon!!!!11" and than bring us no results :D

Your results lose credibility and it makes you look like an AMD fanboy. Even if you are not and me knowing that the 8320 is really fast in crysis.

It just looks bad.

yes but you can't say stuff like "wuaaahh my monsta AMD kills my old Xeon!!!!11" and than bring us no results :D

Your results lose credibility and it makes you look like an AMD fanboy. Even if you are not and me knowing that the 8320 is really fast in crysis.

It just looks bad.

Look up. That's a FRAPS benchmark recording dated 4th month of this year when my Xeon system was still up and running with the same GPUs. 

It's common knowledge that 8 cores beat the 3570 very comfortably in Crysis 3. They even beat (though by a single handful of FPS) the 3770.

Also this.

http://valid.canardpc.com/2786471