Z87 Gryphon Thermal armor

bennyino
Go to solution Solved by xToFxREAPER,

oh my bad thought you meant the z77, i would think spray paint is fine, just to very thin quick coats and do multiple and itll look nice, if you have access to it you could use something like a full autobody paint gun and whatnot, ive done one with actual car paint and whatnot for a friend and it came out amazing

hey guys!

im sure you all heard of the new gryphon board, it comes without the thermal armor installed but it comes with it, i have seen people paint theirs on the z77 sabertooth, how do i do that? spray paint is good enough? will it mess something up?

thank you!

just careful you dont get it on the mobo and you should be fine.. i would take it off to paint it myself if the z77 one can be taken off

just careful you dont get it on the mobo and you should be fine.. i would take it off to paint it myself if the z77 one can be taken off

im talking about the gryphon which comes with it uninstalled so i would paint it uninstalled, i would like to know the best way of painting it :)

oh my bad thought you meant the z77, i would think spray paint is fine, just to very thin quick coats and do multiple and itll look nice, if you have access to it you could use something like a full autobody paint gun and whatnot, ive done one with actual car paint and whatnot for a friend and it came out amazing

really? my dad uses those i think maybe i could do that, what do you think of a green armor? or at least mostly green

really? my dad uses those i think maybe i could do that, what do you think of a green armor? or at least mostly green

Yeah it has a much nicer finish then spray paint provided the paint is mixed properly, and depending on the rest of the build i think it would look ok but isnt the mobo red and black? might clash depennding how much of the board the armor covers

my bad just realised im thinking of the wrong board, yeah i think green would look awesome

my bad just realised im thinking of the wrong board, yeah i think green would look awesome

thanks for the info :), its actually for a friend of mine, its either a z77mpower with green vynil on the yellow accents and 3570k or this board and a 4670k since the board is cheaper but the cpu is more expensive

thanks for the info :), its actually for a friend of mine, its either a z77mpower with green vynil on the yellow accents and 3570k or this board and a 4670k since the board is cheaper but the cpu is more expensive

personally i would go with the newer since its current for longer so to speak, plus with the thermal armour that would look really sick

personally i would go with the newer since its current for longer so to speak, plus with the thermal armour that would look really sick

thanks for your opinion :D

thanks for your opinion :D

no problem man, ive grown up around artist and car designers and stuff all my life so when it comes to doing custom pc builds i make some really nice looking stuff :) im working on a custom paint job for my case right now with a hilarious story behind it

no problem man, ive grown up around artist and car designers and stuff all my life so when it comes to doing custom pc builds i make some really nice looking stuff :) im working on a custom paint job for my case right now with a hilarious story behind it

cant wait to see it :)

cant wait to see it :)

yeah long story short, absinthe lol i have a military green vengance c70 and friend brought home a bottle of absinthe one day so the green fairy came up and we decided to do a custom pinup green fairy on my case 

yeah long story short, absinthe lol i have a military green vengance c70 and friend brought home a bottle of absinthe one day so the green fairy came up and we decided to do a custom pinup green fairy on my case 

LOL sounds awesome

LOL sounds awesome

it should be interesting to say the least

it should be interesting to say the least

yup :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry I thought you had to buy the armour seperately, does it come in the box with the motherboard just uninstalled? That just made my board choice so much simpler!

Upon further research I can say that the board does not come with the armour, though it is available for $50 seperately. Looks like your going with the mpower, I like that better anyway. my friend has a white accented mpower that looks wonderful.