Radiator needs

Go to solution Solved by givingtnt,

with that kit you should be allright. the more than ok

Once I upgrade my gpu to a gtx 970 Im thinking of doing a custom loop. I'm already planning on gettiing this: http://www.xs-pc.com/watercooling-kits/raystorm-d5-photon-ax360-watercooling-kit to start with plus an ek block for the card. Now my question is will I need a 2nd 360 rad for my setup? I have a nzxt h440 case so I can go one 360 up top and to other up front. Note that I'm not looking to do any major overclocking. Keeping my 8320 at 4.4 ghz and thats about it for overclocking. If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Edit: This is not about performance, amd vs intel, nvidia vs radeon, or bottlenecks. This purely an enthusiast/hobby build that I'm looking to do a change up. Please no answers unless they have to do with the question. Thanks!

AMD diehard & Nvidia Enthusiest

Go Intel.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Go Intel.

Yea not happening. Nothing against intel, I just can't afford a new cpu and mobo. Especially when I can do a custom loop for the price of the cpu.

Yea not happening. Nothing against intel, I just can't afford a new cpu and mobo. Especially when I can do a custom loop for the price of the cpu.

The custom loop wont give you better performance, but Intel will in a wide variety of games.  You also won't be bottlenecking the 970 anymore if you went Intel.

I'm done with this conversation, it is going to go no where but south from here.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

If anyone actually has any relavent input please post. Thanks!

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Alright cool. Thanks for answering my question and not going off in a different direction.

Alright cool. Thanks for answering my question and not going off in a different direction.

:P no problem

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I have a nzxt h440 case so I can go one 360 up top and to other up front.

The mod zoo tested this one. It's a bitch to do, you'd need very slim rads just to get them both to fit, and you'd need to have your fittings at the rear and bottom of the case. This means you'd lose the rear fan, plus every 3.5" drive mount, including the one on the floor of the case.

I think a 360 and a 280 are the most you'll get away with

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

If you're not overclocking the cpu more, and if you're not overclocking the GPU at all, then 360mm is by far plenty. Even if you overclocked both, it would still be enough. A 360 with no overclocks should be enough to keep the fans low and relatively quiet.

The custom loop wont give you better performance, but Intel will in a wide variety of games.  You also won't be bottlenecking the 970 anymore if you went Intel.

I'm done with this conversation, it is going to go no where but south from here.

Ok, I just read your posts in this thread... all I can say is get off this forum because we don't need people like you to screw shit up.

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...