choosing the right stuff

Pocas

im trying build a gaming pc but my budget is pretty low.

so ive start up by choosing the gpu so a managed a good deal by buying a r9 280x gygabite for 240 dollars.

now i have around 630 dollars for the rest of the parts and i couldnt figure out the best components for the rest.

You should be more specific. What games? What country? Do you still need a keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

sorry about that

im from portugal and ive already have a mouse and keyboard.

about the monitor;my sister is going to give me a birthday gift

about the games the gpu brougth bf4 alongside so im guessing im going to play that but mostly racing games and the upcoming gta 5.

im not asking the full rig only a couple of components

Hy there @Pocas!

I did think about a configuration that would make sense and fits your budget and this is what I came up with: (I hope the colours of the components=motherboard suit your preferences; I tried to stick with a black and blue theme =>If not, just let me know! :) I can fix it B))

CPU: i5-3570 (I guess you won´t overclock?! If you want to, just tell me!)

Motherboard: Asus Z77-A ATX 1155

CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO

RAM: Adata XPG V1.0 8GB(2x4GB) 1600mhz CL9

Storage: Seagate 1TB SSHD (combination of an SSD and an HDD) or you can just get a plain Western Digital HDD (I am not sure how much money you are able to spend "extra" aside from your 630$. Or did you measure it in euros? :)  Would be good to know, because of the difference.. ;))

Videocard: Your R9-280X from Gigabyte

(Case: Corsair 400R =>You should maybe get some extra fans for optimal airflow! ;) )  

Powersupply: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W 80+Gold

Do you already have an operating system and do you need an optical drive? Don´t worry when you click on the PC-Partpicker link: I added the videocard to the partslist to get the "data" to chose a powersupply, and Windows and the case fans are completely optional (Windows if you already have an OS) If you don´t like the case:There are other options. And remember that these are the american prices! Not the eurpoean ones! :) PC-Partpicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3rmDmG The things you "need": 650$

Just tell us which components you personally want to use, for example the case is such a personal thing, everybody has a different opinion on it.

I hope I got everything right! If there are any complaints or advices, please let me know guys! Support is always appreciated!

I hope I that I was able to help you a bit to decide, which components to get! :)

Message me if anything isn´t clear.

Take care

Etienne

PS: Down below you can see the motherboard (why there is no picture on PCP?? <_< )

post-132253-0-98059200-1412795769.jpg

Nothing special goin' on here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBA6Vo_srk

im trying build a gaming pc but my budget is pretty low.

so ive start up by choosing the gpu so a managed a good deal by buying a r9 280x gygabite for 240 dollars.

now i have around 630 dollars for the rest of the parts and i couldnt figure out the best components for the rest.

sorry about that

im from portugal and ive already have a mouse and keyboard.

about the monitor;my sister is going to give me a birthday gift

about the games the gpu brougth bf4 alongside so im guessing im going to play that but mostly racing games and the upcoming gta 5.

im not asking the full rig only a couple of components

Hy there @Pocas!

I did think about a configuration that would make sense and fits your budget and this is what I came up with: (I hope the colours of the components=motherboard suit your preferences; I tried to stick with a black and blue theme =>If not, just let me know! :) I can fix it B))

CPU: i5-3570 (I guess you won´t overclock?! If you want to, just tell me!)

Motherboard: Asus Z77-A ATX 1155

CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO

RAM: Adata XPG V1.0 8GB(2x4GB) 1600mhz CL9

Storage: Seagate 1TB SSHD (combination of an SSD and an HDD) or you can just get a plain Western Digital HDD (I am not sure how much money you are able to spend "extra" aside from your 630$. Or did you measure it in euros? :)  Would be good to know, because of the difference.. ;))

Videocard: Your R9-280X from Gigabyte

(Case: Corsair 400R =>You should maybe get some extra fans for optimal airflow! ;) )  

Powersupply: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W 80+Gold

Do you already have an operating system and do you need an optical drive? Don´t worry when you click on the PC-Partpicker link: I added the videocard to the partslist to get the "data" to chose a powersupply, and Windows and the case fans are completely optional (Windows if you already have an OS) If you don´t like the case:There are other options. And remember that these are the american prices! Not the eurpoean ones! :) PC-Partpicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3rmDmG The things you "need": 650$

Just tell us which components you personally want to use, for example the case is such a personal thing, everybody has a different opinion on it.

I hope I got everything right! If there are any complaints or advices, please let me know guys! Support is always appreciated!

I hope I that I was able to help you a bit to decide, which components to get! :)

Message me if anything isn´t clear.

Take care

Etienne

PS: Down below you can see the motherboard (why there is no picture on PCP?? <_< )

I am quoting this just to get your attenion.....ANSWER!!! :lol:  (Don´t worry; I have so much time) And I am putting too many smileys in here... <_<

Until then

Etienne

aside from the gpu i have about 500€ (635 dollars)

:)

for me i want the best performance whith the minimum bottleneck

of course if it looks good even better ;)

:)

for me i want the best performance whith the minimum bottleneck

of course if it looks good even better ;)

Okay then! I just have to go to bed now, but I will come back here tomorrow and hopefully be able to present you the best system possible for the money. If you like the coulors, it is great, if not, I will try to find other components in your favourite one, which are also in your pricerange. For potential bottlenecks, I will try to do a bit more research than I did until now, which was about an hour to an hour and a half. It has gotten so easy for me to plan a matching rig in such a short time since I did the same for mine. It took me around three months until I was happy with the configuration... :lol:  Maybe you can tell me how much the components I have chosen cost in Portugal, because that would make my life so much easier ;).

I hope to "see" you soon! :)

Take care

Etienne

if you use chrome i could give you the link of the store where im buying the components and then you could translate and undertand it

if you use chrome i could give you the link of the store where im buying the components and then you could translate and undertand it

Sadly, I don´t use chrome, but you can try to copy the URL´s in the search box of your browser (See picture down below; I wasn´t sure if you would understand; Sorry if you did :D ) and use the link button of the forum: Just insert the copied URL (without the "https://translate.google.de" =>"translate.google.de ", because it is already there on the forum. Hard to explain, but you´ll get it :lol: ) and you´re done! :)

As for everything else, I´ll be here again at around half past six (? Germany=Portugal ? We are pretty much lined up looking at our countries...no problem with timezones ^_^ ) and then I´ll have the final build ready to show to you!

Until later

Etienne

PS: Do you like the colours so far? ;) Black and blue isn´t that bad anyway, but if you really can`t stand it...

ok here is the link

about the colors: i like red because of my favourite soccer team here im portugal but any colour its fine, im not that enthusiast

Okay, thank you @Pocas! :)

I´ll just look up all the components on the website you told me, and then I´ll come back here! Give me 15 minutes! ;)

Bye for now

Etienne

Its me again! @Pocas: Is this the only website where you want to buy your parts? Because I can´t find half the components I used.... Could you send me a link to Amazon Portugal or do you not want to order there? Please respond as fast as you can! :)

Etienne

Its me again! @Pocas: Is this the only website where you want to buy your parts? Because I can´t find half the components I used.... Could you send me a link to Amazon Portugal or do you not want to order there? Please respond as fast as you can! :)

Etienne

ok here is the link

about the colors: i like red because of my favourite soccer team here im portugal but any colour its fine, im not that enthusiast

Again, just to get your attention :)! Stay with me!!!!! :lol:

Etienne

Etienne

There is no such thing as Amazon Portugal, sadly :(

I would suggest http://www.kuantokusta.pt/ - it's what I've been using to plan my own build - it's a service that pulls prices from a lot of portuguese retailers, including shipping costs :)

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

That's the site that have the cheaper components, I think

There is no such thing as Amazon Portugal, sadly :(

I would suggest http://www.kuantokusta.pt/ - it's what I've been using to plan my own build - it's a service that pulls prices from a lot of portuguese retailers, including shipping costs :)

@Aristocrates: Thank you very much! This really helped me out a lot! :) Thank you for giving me the chance to help @Pocas building his own computer without any trouble. This maybe saved his day (or week or just anything :D ). I can´t thank you enough. I found all the components at the website you recommended for a pretty acceptable price. I´m sure he will be very happy to see that. Thank you so much.

Hope to talk to you again soon!

Until then! ;)

Etienne

@Aristocrates: Thank you very much! This really helped me out a lot! :) Thank you for giving me the chance to help @Pocas building his own computer without any trouble. This maybe saved his day (or week or just anything :D ). I can´t thank you enough. I found all the components at the website you recommended for a pretty acceptable price. I´m sure he will be very happy to see that. Thank you so much.

Hope to talk to you again soon!

Until then! ;)

Etienne

Now I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside  :D

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

yeah I don't know about that :unsure:

I mean yeah its a good site for seeking the best prices for each component ^_^  but i don't feel confortable about buying each part from a diferent retailer :( :unsure:

yeah I don't know about that :unsure:

I mean yeah its a good site for seeking the best prices for each component ^_^  but i don't feel confortable about buying each part from a diferent retailer :( :unsure:

The retailers on there are trustworthy :)

ok how about this: ;)   ( please let me know what you guys think) :D

cpu: intel core i5-4690

memory: Gskill Ripjaws DDR3-1600MHz 2x4GB____CL8 Blue

motherboard: MSI H87-G41 PC Mate

psu: XFX Pro 550W Core Edition (Jonnyguru recomended)

hard drive: Western Digital Black 1TB SATA III 64MB

case: Nox NYX USB3.0 black (its the cheapest case with usb 3.0)

optical drive: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

yeah about that. is there any way of instaling the motherboard and gpu drivers without those cds?

ok how about this: ;)   ( please let me know what you guys think) :D

cpu: intel core i5-4690

memory: Gskill Ripjaws DDR3-1600MHz 2x4GB____CL8 Blue

motherboard: MSI H87-G41 PC Mate

psu: XFX Pro 550W Core Edition (Jonnyguru recomended)

hard drive: Western Digital Black 1TB SATA III 64MB

case: Nox NYX USB3.0 black (its the cheapest case with usb 3.0)

Oh, nice case for so little money :)

That motherboard is not compatible with that processor, though :P

To fix that, you'll need to either pick a different motherboard, or step bak to a 4670... in which case I would suggest a 4670k instead (only 15€ more) - you don't have a gpu on your list, meaning you'll be reliant upon the onboard graphics, so being able to overclock a bit should actually help a lot :)

(that said, if you do plan to overclock, you'll need an aftermarket cpu cooler)

G.Skill Ripjaws is some of the very best memory out there, but I would suggest going with at least 2x8GB for easier future upgradeability :)

(also, more (and faster) ram should help the integrated graphics perform better, since they don't have their own memory like discrete graphics cards do)

550W is certainly enough for this build, and if Johnny Guru recommends that psu then it's perfect :)

Since this is a budget build, I'll refrain from suggesting an SSD for the OS, but, that said, a WD Caviar Black is one of the very best HDs you can pick for OS and everything else :)

yeah about that. is there any way of instaling the motherboard and gpu drivers without those cds?

You can download all the drivers from the manufacturers' websites and install directly :)

(or, if your internet connection doesn't work right away, you can download on a different computer and use a usb device to install them - and you can also install the operating system via usb :) )

i already have a graphics card is a gigabyte r9 280x windforce ;) that should hold 1080p gaming

about the cpu i don't understand how is not compatible, i mean it uses the same socket that the i5 4690 :huh: :blink:

anyway how about a i5 4590 ?

about the drivers i have wireless but i also have a ethernet cable that connects to the router :blink: :blink: :unsure:  is there any way that this motherboard is wireless ready out of the box?

i already have a graphics card is a gigabyte r9 280x windforce ;) that should hold 1080p gaming

Ah ok :)

about the cpu i don't understand how is not compatible, i mean it uses the same socket that the i5 4690  :huh:  :blink:

That motherboard is built with the H87 chipset, which supports Haswell but not Haswell Refresh.

about the drivers i have wireless but i also have a ethernet cable that connects to the router  :blink:  :blink:  :unsure:  is there any way that this motherboard is wireless ready out of the box?

I'm 99% sure that that particular motherboard does not come with wireless capabilities, but if you have a cable then that won't be a problem :)