Wifi Calling with Andriods

Brama

Hey, I have pre-paid with T-mobile. Wont have the money to pay my bill until I get paid so my service is currently down. But I would like to call some freinds. Does anyone know of a better way other then using Magic Jack or Google Voice to make wifi calls? Cant use Google Voice, and Magic Jack drops calls alot and doesnt get good reception and sorta frustrates me. Pinger/Text free is even worst so just wondering if there might be anything better out there I dont know about

Google Voice is amazing, use that.

Kakaotalk's call feature is pretty decent.

There's also good handy dandy skype. :)

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Kakaotalk's call feature is pretty decent.

There's also good handy dandy skype. :)

he don't got the money. (skype)

I've used textplus for 2+ years now as I have not been able to afford an actual phone plan (only 15, start my job later this month), it works decently, and you can get more minutes by watching a short ad.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Oh shyt I forgot all about Skype. Derp!

he don't got the money. (skype)

He could always walk into a convenience store and pick up a $5 skype credit.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

He could always walk into a convenience store and pick up a $5 skype credit.

"Wont have the money to pay my bill""" His goal is to not spend money.

"Wont have the money to pay my bill""" His goal is to not spend money.

Even though you're broke, it's likely that person will still have $5 to spend. $5 is nothing compared to your rent, car payments, etc.I

If you check his profile, he has a i7-4790K.... 

You shouldn't have a smartphone in your pocket if you don't have $5 for a bottle of coke and some snacks at your local gas station... 

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Skip the third-party applications; connect Google Voice with Hangouts directly.

1. Update Hangouts.
  2. Download Hangouts Dialer.
  3. Call your contacts (or anyone else in the US and CA) directly from Hangouts with your Google Voice number for free.

Even though you're broke, it's likely that person will still have $5 to spend. $5 is nothing compared to your rent, car payments, etc.I

If you check his profile, he has a i7-4790K.... 

You shouldn't have a smartphone in your pocket if you don't have $5 for a bottle of coke and some snacks at your local gas station... 

but why spend 5$ on skype when google got a free alt.

but why spend 5$ on skype when google got a free alt.

Doesn't the receiver has to have Google Talk on their smartphone? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Doesn't the receiver has to have Google Talk on their smartphone? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

No, the receiving party is not required to have any Apps installed. You can call other VoIP services, mobile devices, and even landlines as long as you have internet access when calling directly from your Google Voice number. And it is completely free when calling North American phone numbers (USA and CA). These are the reasons why we're recommending Google Voice to the OP.

The OP lives in New Jersey, so I really don't understand how Google Voice is not an option.

No, the receiving party is not required to have any Apps installed. You can call other VoIP services, mobile devices, and even landlines as long as you have internet access when calling directly from your Google Voice number. And it is completely free when calling North American phone numbers (USA and CA). These are the reasons why we're recommending Google Voice to the OP.

The OP lives in New Jersey, so I really don't understand how Google Voice is not an option.

Because Google Voice needs to have an active number to make a call from like (My Cell number for example) So thus my phone service is suspended so I can't use google voice to make calls.

Like I actually get a error text msg sent from t-mobile telling me to add minutes whenever I attempt to make a call whether it be using Google Voice or regular.

a0b58f77d8.png

Okay, check this out, Mr. Brama.
That's right, no mobile/home numbers connected with Voice.
As long as you have a medium for Voice to connect to, you can make calls. In this case, Hangouts.

Try this:

1. In your Google Voice settings, in Phone, uncheck your mobile number, and check Google Chat.
  2. On iOS: Download Hangouts. Sign in Hangouts with Gmail. Dial a number.
    Android: Update Hangouts. Install Hangouts Dialer. Sign in Hangouts with Gmail. Dial a number.

no