water cooling tubing and fittings

hey, i am gona try to build a costum water cooling loop. i wana know what tubing and compression fitting sizes that are going to be the of best to use.

for the rig I am gona put 2 gtx 670 SLI, use the integrated watercooling option on my asus maximus V formula, and put a apogee on my i7 3770k. 1x alphacool 120mmx3 rad + 1x 140mmx1 rad. you guys think thats gona be enough`? my cabinet is a coolermaster cosmos II btw. 

hey, i am gona try to build a costum water cooling loop. i wana know what tubing and compression fitting sizes that are going to be the of best to use.

for the rig I am gona put 2 gtx 670 SLI, use the integrated watercooling option on my asus maximus V formula, and put a apogee on my i7 3770k. 1x alphacool 120mmx3 rad + 1x 140mmx1 rad. you guys think thats gona be enough`? my cabinet is a coolermaster cosmos II btw. 

Yes that will be enough radiators. I run a 670 FTW with a i7-2600k @4.5Ghz on a 420mm radiator and I get 44c GPU and 50c on GPU. 

I use 1/2"ID x 3/4"OD tubing and I like it for the most part. It's a bit hard to bend but it takes a lot to kink it which I like. 

Do you want thick tubing or thin tubing?

Yes that will be enough radiators. I run a 670 FTW with a i7-2600k @4.5Ghz on a 420mm radiator and I get 44c GPU and 50c on GPU. 

I use 1/2"ID x 3/4"OD tubing and I like it for the most part. It's a bit hard to bend but it takes a lot to kink it which I like. 

Do you want thick tubing or thin tubing?

idk. i realy just want the one that looks the best :D the main reason i do this is to OC my gear higher and fore the looks :P what do you prefer`?

idk. i realy just want the one that looks the best :D the main reason i do this is to OC my gear higher and fore the looks :P what do you prefer`?

Well if you get thinner tubes you can't bend them quite as much without them kinking up. Downside to this is you may not be able to bend them enough to make the connection which isn't fun lol. Personally, I say get the thicker tube and just make sure you have some angled fittings to make the connection.

As far as tubing goes, PrimoChill Advanced LRT makes some nice 1/2" x 3/4" tubing. Stays crystal clear and fits on the fittings very easy and stays. 

Just make sure if you use that thick of a tubing to make sure you have the right fittings to make the bends of the tube easier. Some people prefer smaller tubing just because you can make tighter bends easier. 

You'd have to draw a diagram of how it will be installed so we can help you decide what fittings you may or may not need. 

dunno, size REALLY doesn't matter, it's up to you really, for the setup I'm planning, I'm going to use 3/8" ID X 5/8" OD
I am also planning on using this tubing
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_413_1007&products_id=37187

Really depends if you are into UV lighting, really, but I hear Primochill is pretty good too

hey, i could not figure out how to upload a picture to this thread. so i used it as my profile picture. if you can enhance the size you can se how i think about doing it :)

dunno, size REALLY doesn't matter, it's up to you really, for the setup I'm planning, I'm going to use 3/8" ID X 5/8" OD

I am also planning on using this tubing

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_413_1007&products_id=37187

Really depends if you are into UV lighting, really, but I hear Primochill is pretty good too

Oh just use whatever tubing you feel like using. I've never used that tubing so I can't comment on it. 

So just find 3/8" ID X 5/8" OD fittings you like. I use compression fittings but they get crazy expensive. 

Draw out how you plan to run everything inside the case so you can try to figure out how the tubing will be ran. That will help you tremendously to decide if you should use regular straight fittings or throw in some angled fittings. 

Just make sure the reservoir goes right before the pump in case you didn't know. 

You need two fittings per component except if you're using a reservoir where the pump screws into it. 

Sorry, I can't help you more but I will try if nobody else does. If you still need help feel free to PM me and I'll help you as best as I can. 

I gotta take off so hopefully somebody will come by and help you further. If not I'll try to help you when I get back on. 

So just find 3/8" ID X 5/8" OD fittings you like. I use compression fittings but they get crazy expensive. 

well, I mean, they get expensive when you keep using bitspower angle fittings :P

well, I mean, they get expensive when you keep using bitspower angle fittings :P

Oh don't I know lol. Their 90 degree fitting are like $20! I said no and I'm just going to use some I already have to save $40