Audio-technica or Bose?

Guys i need some help deciding on a new set of headphines. they will just be used for listening to music on my tablet/phone/laptop.

Ii have narrowed it down to 2 pairs, the audio technica m50x or the bose soundtrue around ear, i chose these because they are both around the £120 mark, they both have detachable cables (i got through cables like mad) and they both seem to be very well recieved, however i dont want to be swayed by internet hype.

i have tried on the bose and they are super comfy, but does anyone have a pair of either, opinons?

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/home-and-personal-audio/headphones-and-headsets/audio-and-mobile-headphones/soundtrue-ae-headphones/

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/99aff89488ddd6b1/

The headband on the Bose cans look very fragile, cheap, and thin just from looking at the pictures. However I can't go any further than that, as I don't have either pair so I can't give a proper answer. Just felt like I'd point that out.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Get the ATH-M50x... I tried the Bose ones in-shop and they felt cheap and sounded normal... Nothing too special about them... They sound good enough, but not good enough to warrant that price tag...

The M50x on the other hand is well built and has some heft to it... It's a bit heavy imo but the build quality justifies the added weight...

I have owned the true sounds and they are awesome. Pretty decent sound quality, comfortable fit, and awesome durability. They look somewhat cheap, but I throw these in my heavy backpack all the time. I throw the backpack around all over and the headset is fine. Just make sure you put it in the case and you will have an awesome pair of headphones :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Bose sound quality is meh and the build quality is terrible. Stay away from them. The Audio Technicas are ok but a bad value so they're not really a good choice either. The M40x is a better value so if you want an Audio Technica, go for that one. I personally would go for a Sony MDR 1R but if that's too expensive then maybe Shure 440 with 840 pads would be good?

I think it depends on the use: the bose are much more comfortable than the Audiotechnia. The audio technica is probably more durable, though both are good, but the bose is WAYYY lighter, much more suited for portable use if noise isolation isnt a concern. I dont think i would wear the audio technica's public: too heavy with a thick coord that gets in the way.

Bose's sound isn't bad at all; they are just vanilla. The treble doesn't sparkle, its low end isn't deep but is tight. Audiotechnica has a very deep base, and sounds a pinch better, moreso in noisy environments.

Around Town: Bose

Sitting at Computer: Audiotechnica 

If I was using it for both, I would probably get the bose. I know thats sacrilege here, but  they are just so darn comfy.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018