Deleted

Go to solution Solved by Flamewalker,

I didn't need to reinstall the logitech gaming software after i did it, it picked it up fine when i did that.

Are you plugging the dongle directly into the pc or are you using the including extender cable for the dongle?
Also can you try restarting the pc with the mouse beeing wireless to see if it picks it up?

I did notice though on the g700 faq page there is a link detailing how to reconnect with a g700 (http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18295/~/reconnecting-the-g700)

not sure if it's still the same on the g700s but doesn't hurt to check it out either

Deleted

At the device manager uninstall both "hid-compliant mouse" and "logitech g700s ..." then unplug it and then plug it back in. after that it should fix it . (i had to do this when i had a Logitech Performance Mouse MX on my laptop awhile back)

At the device manager uninstall both "hid-compliant mouse" and "logitech g700s ..." then unplug it and then plug it back in. after that it should fix it . (i had to do this when i had a Logitech Performance Mouse MX on my laptop awhile back)

Tried it, but it didn't work :/ Should I reinstall the ligitech gaming software after I do what you said or something? Just deleting those two things and plugging it in again didn't work.

I didn't need to reinstall the logitech gaming software after i did it, it picked it up fine when i did that.

Are you plugging the dongle directly into the pc or are you using the including extender cable for the dongle?
Also can you try restarting the pc with the mouse beeing wireless to see if it picks it up?

I did notice though on the g700 faq page there is a link detailing how to reconnect with a g700 (http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18295/~/reconnecting-the-g700)

not sure if it's still the same on the g700s but doesn't hurt to check it out either

Yeah, I'm plugging the dongle directly into the PC. I've tried every USB port and I get "USB device not recognized" every time. Just all of a sudden today this is happening. I can try restarting with it wireless right now.

Yeah, I'm plugging the dongle directly into the PC. I've tried every USB port and I get "USB device not recognized" every time. Just all of a sudden today this is happening. I can try restarting with it wireless right now.

Restarting with the wireless dongle plugged in had no effect. It is still not working wirelessly. Why does it say "Device not recognized" when I plug it in? How do I get it to be recognized?

Restarting with the wireless dongle plugged in had no effect. It is still not working wirelessly. Why does it say "Device not recognized" when I plug it in? How do I get it to be recognized?

Not sure, it's pretty strange, it should sync up the dongle and the mouse and then it would list it fine,unless the dongle itself is damaged then it might be cause for it,

The faq i linked didn't help/work either right? because it listed quite a few steps to get it to reconnect from wired to wireless.

If you got another pc/laptop to test it with ,it would rule out if something is damaged or not.

Not sure, it's pretty strange, it should sync up the dongle and the mouse and then it would list it fine,unless the dongle itself is damaged then it might be cause for it,

The faq i linked didn't help/work either right? because it listed quite a few steps to get it to reconnect from wired to wireless.

If you got another pc/laptop to test it with ,it would rule out if something is damaged or not.

I tried, but I think the G700 and the G700s are different in the area of SetPoint. My software doesn't have the connect.exe.

I tried, but I think the G700 and the G700s are different in the area of SetPoint. My software doesn't have the connect.exe.

I plugged the usb donlge into my laptop and got the message,

"Device Driver software was not successfully installed"

[unknown Device] [X Failed]

(Same as on my desktop)

Does this means the dongle is defective and just happened to stop working today?

I plugged the usb donlge into my laptop and got the message,

"Device Driver software was not successfully installed"

[unknown Device] [X Failed]

(Same as on my desktop)

Does this means the dongle is defective and just happened to stop working today?

I found the g700S page for reconnecting it to the usb reciever (has it under a different name) http://logitech-nl-emea.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41589/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzcwMjgzOTQzL3NpZC9fZlNHd1FybA%3D%3D (try this first)

But if it didn't work on the other pc either using the same way you installed it the first time, i would suspect the dongle might be dead, (could be bad luck that it died,but it is something that does happen from time to time)

If you bought it recently then return it to the store and ask for a new one,else you can also ticket an rma at the logitech site.

I found the g700S page for reconnecting it to the usb reciever (has it under a different name) http://logitech-nl-emea.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41589/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzcwMjgzOTQzL3NpZC9fZlNHd1FybA%3D%3D (try this first)

But if it didn't work on the other pc either using the same way you installed it the first time, i would suspect the dongle might be dead, (could be bad luck that it died,but it is something that does happen from time to time)

If you bought it recently then return it to the store and ask for a new one,else you can also ticket an rma at the logitech site.

Contacted Logitech. Took about 5 minutes and they are sending me a whole new set. I expected that to be a pain in the ass, but their support was awesome!

Contacted Logitech. Took about 5 minutes and they are sending me a whole new set. I expected that to be a pain in the ass, but their support was awesome!

Logitech is pretty awesome with their support+ they respond really quick on the logitech forums.

Logitech is pretty awesome with their support+ they respond really quick on the logitech forums.

Thanks for the help, btw!