Upgrade or Sli

ScubaChase

If your 760 has 4gb of vram then sli. If not sell it and go with the 970. that's how i would do it.

I've come to the conclusion that I use something similar to Intel's "tick-tock" method

Buy a card when a new generation is released.

When the next leap forward comes along, get a second card just like the one you already have and put them in SLI

Then as the next major improvement comes along, start with a single new card again. 

I'm currently starting on the middle bit, having just added a second N770 4GD5/OC to my PC because of the 9xx series release.  If the 10xx series (or whatever they call it) is released, I'll see how people respond to it.  If a single one of those wipes the floor with my SLI setup, I'll upgrade to a new card.

If your 760 has 4gb of vram then sli. If not sell it and go with the 970. that's how i would do it.

I half agree with this. 

It makes sense economically. 

I still lean towards just getting a new 970. The price to performance on it is so amazingly good. 

Sell it and get a 970.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I half agree with this. 

It makes sense economically. 

I still lean towards just getting a new 970. The price to performance on it is so amazingly good. 

But the price to performance on SLI 760s is much better because they are dirt cheap.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

But the price to performance on SLI 760s is much better because they are dirt cheap.

But only if he has a 4GB card, and even then not really. 

SLI-ing lower tier cards is not recommended. If a game doesn't scale well you are stuck with a single 760 which won't be able to run many games on maximum settings. SLI also has many other problems that are getting better each generation, but until all those problems are gone I don't think it as viable as going with a higher tiered card.

I was wondering the same thing, Thanks for the topic. Who wants My gigabyte 760?