Fiio e10k

Rovert19

Hello everyone, I just got this dac and was wondering if there was a way for me to have both my speakers and headphones plugged in but have them recognized as different playback devices. Currently when I have both of them plugged it, the computer only recognizes the dac as a single playback device. Previously when both playback devices were connected to the motherboard ports, they were recognized as 2 different playback devices making it simple to switch between them using a program called soundswitch.

For the record, this little gizmo seems to a big improvement in the sound quality.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

The pass through for the speakers is coming from the same device, so the comp will only see one device in the system. I have the same issue (first world problem much?) I've 'fixed' it by just getting some speakers with a remote control so I can turn them off and still have them at the back of the desk... I was hoping the e10k would just disable the rear output if you plugged a headset in, but sadly not the case.

That's too bad, seeing as it has 2 ports, I was hoping there would be a way for it to see 2 different playback devices.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

That's too bad, seeing as it has 2 ports, I was hoping there would be a way for it to see 2 different playback devices.

Hey how good is the e10k?did it blow you away? is it somewhat superior to the e10?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Hey how good is the e10k?did it blow you away? is it somewhat superior to the e10?

I can only say that it is an improvement over the on board audio, having never used the e10. Only complaint at the moment is the inability to distinguish the playback devices. I noticed more of an improvement with speakers so far cause before I had distortion with higher pitch sounds and now there's none.

Hello everyone, I just got this dac and was wondering if there was a way for me to have both my speakers and headphones plugged in but have them recognized as different playback devices. Currently when I have both of them plugged it, the computer only recognizes the dac as a single playback device. Previously when both playback devices were connected to the motherboard ports, they were recognized as 2 different playback devices making it simple to switch between them using a program called soundswitch.

For the record, this little gizmo seems to a big improvement in the sound quality.

Best thing to do is to turn on the speakers only when you're using it. Besides, saves some electricity and maybe durability of the speakers by turning it on only when they're needed/used.

Best thing to do is to turn on the speakers only when you're using it. Besides, saves some electricity and maybe durability of the speakers by turning it on only when they're needed/used.

What I'm doing at the moment is just turning off the volume on the speakers whenever I switch. I switch pretty often so turning it off would be a pain in the butt since the switch is in the back of the sub. Maybe I'll have to invest in another DAC or just get a 3.5mm switch box.

Thanks for the responses.

What I'm doing at the moment is just turning off the volume on the speakers whenever I switch. I switch pretty often so turning it off would be a pain in the butt since the switch is in the back of the sub.

Get this then, it's recommended in another topic: http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iSplitter-1000-Y-Splitter-Control/dp/B002E9HHYM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1412503997&sr=8-2&keywords=monster+splitter

Thanks, just for future reference, are there dacs that can recognize multiple playback devices or have internal switches built in?

Thanks, just for future reference, are there dacs that can recognize multiple playback devices or have internal switches built in?

what if you just unplug your headphones?

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

what if you just unplug your headphones?

Yes that works, I won't be replacing his one for a while and just wanted to know if there are dacs that are capable of differentiating multiple playback devices or have built in switches.

No but some dacs/amps automatically stop playing what's plugged in the rear port if something is plugged in the front. The o2 with RCA is suppose to do that I think but there are not many that do that.