Need malware/crapware cleanup tools

Hey there,

So I've got a client's notebook with me and it's loaded to the brim with crapware and probably some malware... Any tools you can recommend?

I've got: Spybot, CCleaner, Hitman Pro, and I'll be loading Avast once she's slightly cleaner...

Thanks guys.

If all else fails, then maybe give Combofix a try - AFAIK it doesn't work for Windows 8.1 yet

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Hey there,

So I've got a client's notebook with me and it's loaded to the brim with crapware and probably some malware... Any tools you can recommend?

I've got: Spybot, CCleaner, Hitman Pro, and I'll be loading Avast once she's slightly cleaner...

Thanks guys.

AVG if space isn't an issue (although it might conflict with Avast, I don't know for sure), MalwareBytes as suggested above, and SUPERantispyware.

Mayonnaise is an instrument!  

Current Build - Ryzen 7 3800x (eco mode enabled), MSI B550M MAG Mortar, G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2x16) 3200 14-14-14-34, EVGA 2060 KO Ultra, EVGA G2 550W, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Rx

Anyone know about 360TotalSecurity? This is waay up on the suspicious meter....

windows uninstall. 

kidding.

avira free version is great for getting rid of garbage.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

"should I remove it" is a really great and well documented open-source program that was very tech-illiterate friendly

it rates all programs on a scale of "probably should remove", then they can click on it and it will open a web page with more details. pretty neat