How are these speakers?

spwath

How is this speaker/receiver set up?

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/4663373069.html

Is this one better?

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/4689935631.html

Any other good ones in my area craigslist? Im looking for a decent suround set up for under 100 USD

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

If that Kenwood receiver has multiple RCA input channels and all the speakers work, I'd go for the Kenwood.

If that Kenwood receiver has multiple RCA input channels and all the speakers work, I'd go for the Kenwood.

Here is the same reciever on ebay, with pics of the back

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenwood-VR-255-AV-Surround-Receiver-/181434321969

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah I'd go for the Kenwood.

I have my dad's old Kenwood receiver from like 10+ years ago in my room with some old Sony speakers and it still works like a champ.

OK, ill inquire about it.

Anyone else have opinions on these speakers?

Anyone else have opinions on these speakers?

Having no discrete surround inputs (whether digital or analogue) may limit you. You will not hear directional audio from your surround channels for the most part (they'd be mostly for ambient sounds).

If you are good with that limitation, then the Kenwood looks like the better choice. If directional audio is a priority, a 5.1 PC speaker set may actually work better at this price point.

Having no discrete surround inputs (whether digital or analogue) may limit you. You will not hear directional audio from your surround channels for the most part (they'd be mostly for ambient sounds).

If you are good with that limitation, then the Kenwood looks like the better choice. If directional audio is a priority, a 5.1 PC speaker set may actually work better at this price point.

Asked, Kenwood not avalible