Windows 8 boot failure, NEED HELP pls for the love of god

El Bejelando
Go to solution Solved by Speedbird,

do i make just the system reserved active, or both of them?

Only System Reserved.

I just did the stupidist thing ever. I have a 840 evo 120gb boot drive and a seabaracuda 2tb storage drive in my rig, and i went into disk management cause my external 500gb drive didnt show up when i plugged it in. In there i saw that my 2tb drive was inactive, so i made it active BEFORE reading the description. I tried to turn it back but i couldnt find out how.

So now when i turn on my pc i get a boot failure screen ( screenshot in a picture attachment ).

I inserted my usb boot drive and auto repair didnt work. I went into the command prompt from the repair menu and began with this:

X:\sources

Then i do:
>Diskpart
>List disk

And i see the 2 drives. I change the ssd boot partiton to active ( not the system reserved 350mb one)
I then make my 2tb single partiton unactive. I reboot and the same problem occurs, same error message as before.

Also in the troubleshooting menu was system restore, startup repair and image recovery, none of which worked.

I dont have a backup of my boot ssd, but if i were to wipe it, would i keep my games on my 2tb hard drive?

I really appreciate any help.

sorry the picture is upside down :3

post-10398-0-90665300-1412350138_thumb.j

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

I change the ssd boot partiton to active ( not the system reserved 350mb one)

There's your problem. The System Reserved one is supposed to be active, as this contains the bootloader.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Hello dear Linus lover,

I understand your issue, you silly cunt. I would advise you to boot into Windows first, second go to control panel and make sure your headphones are working, then go to driver manager>sound manager and make sure your drivers are up to date,

then follow this video 

I hope it was a frightful help, you delightful idiot.

There's your problem. The System Reserved one is supposed to be active, as this contains the bootloader.

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

Only System Reserved.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Only System Reserved.

dude i love you, here, have a smily

:)  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: