Astro A40. The best headset?

Christopher Chih

Well, actually the OP stated on his post that he have issue connecting his audio jacks. A guy come in, goes off-topic and suggest for a mixamp. Even spewing statements. This is getting on my nerves, that he said it is the best "headset".

Note : This is an open group. Everyone is welcome to come in. Feel free to explain to him. And also, it's under PS4 platform.
Source : https://www.facebook.com/groups/DestinyPlaystation4/permalink/345878435578434/

post-145264-0-47054100-1412314708_thumb.

My brother has the mixamp and whatever model is the wireless version of the headset (I think, haven't paid too much attention to it since I used it last year).

It sounds like complete shit compared to my HD280's. That mixamp is also a PoS. Looks flashy, controls are top notch. I would like it to work like it looks, but it's not worth anything.

In my opinion as far as gaming headsets go, Astro is by far the best

BTW, is it true as the poster says in the picture, the only way to use PC headsets with consoles is via Astro mixamp? Does that include headphones as well?

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

BTW, is it true as the poster says in the picture, the only way to use PC headsets with consoles is via Astro mixamp? Does that include headphones as well?

The main purpose from the OP is he wants to use his mic for the PS4. There is some problems connecting a standalone mic to the PS4. That's the problem though. So now everyone can only use a headset. If the headset comes with a headphone jack and a mic jack(or you can get a headphone + modmic, zalman clip, etc etc), then you need to get an adapter from 2 jacks into 1 jack. Plus, if you're on a HT system or using TV speakers with PS4, every audio cuts off when your headset is plugged into the PS4 controller.

EDIT : "the only way to use PC headsets with consoles is via Astro mixamp". I have no idea why he even come in and make the post off topic though. Not that serious if you go off topic as far as I know.

Anything with optical in the dac will work to connect headphones to a console, thats why I bought that fiio e5+ d3, for my xbox 360 + ad900x

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

that guy is a dumb ass, they use it because they're sponsored by astro. the best headsets are sennheiser g4me one/zero and beyerdynamic mmx300 and audiotechnicas ones

I have used my MDR-1R with the in-line mic with my PS4, it works fine.  The headphone jack in the controller accepts pretty much any headphone or headset with a 3.5mm plug.

To use any PC headset with 2 plugs in the PS4, all you need is an adapter to convert those 2 3 pole plugs into a single 4 pole plug.

Mystery is the source of all true science.