Better audio in my pocket

Slim Shady

so i just got the sennheiser hd439 and i am surprisingly happy with the sound quality however when listening  on my ipod i do get quite a lot of distortion at 80-100% volume.

i have tested these on my 2014 macbook air and it gives me the volume i want with out the distortion and ive done the same test with an av receiver so i have narrowed the issue down to my ipod.

at the end of the day i just want better quality and louder sound that is pocketable.

im not sure if i should get a dac and amp or just an amp and not sure if a dac will make that much of a difference with these headphones.

my budget is around $100.

been looking at products form fiio and smsl

so i just got the sennheiser hd439 and i am surprisingly happy with the sound quality however when listening  on my ipod i do get quite a lot of distortion at 80-100% volume.

i have tested these on my 2014 macbook air and it gives me the volume i want with out the distortion and ive done the same test with an av receiver so i have narrowed the issue down to my ipod.

at the end of the day i just want better quality and louder sound that is pocketable.

im not sure if i should get a dac and amp or just an amp and not sure if a dac will make that much of a difference with these headphones.

my budget is around $100.

been looking at products form fiio and smsl

Fiio X series should be good enough.

I would get the fiio X1 is should be in stores in the next week or so. It has audiophile components and is only $100. The only downside is you need a micro sd card.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

is the audio quality any good compared to a dedicated amp or dac solution.

is the audio quality any good compared to a dedicated amp or dac solution.

You said you want something that is:

Mobile dac/amp combo (like Fiio E07k, for example) still needs a source to play, so you'll end up using 2 devices, like this:

FiiO_E07K_large5.jpg

But if you don't mind that, then just get the E07k instead.

You said you want something that is:

Mobile dac/amp combo (like Fiio E07k, for example) still needs a source to play, so you'll end up using 2 devices, like this:

FiiO_E07K_large5.jpg

But if you don't mind that, then just get the E07k instead.

ok thanks