Twitch Streaming

TannerThanU
Go to solution Solved by Gontier,

Upload speed is key. Otherwise you lose on quality, which in turn makes you lose on views. Also if you want to do live-streaming there is more equipment that comes into play aside from having a computer that can power your games and simultaneously stream. Like a good microphone, camera, and a personality that makes people actually want to watch you. If you wanted to get into the streaming life I think you would have honestly gotten into it by now if you were made for it.

If you're not prepared to drop a fair sum of money up front to set up you shouldn't really even bother, unless it's just for your personal enjoyment.

So I want to get into the streaming life, but I feel like I'm lacking in all departments of being able to stream...

I have an upload speed of .3 (I don't think its enough)

My CPU is a 750k@4.4ghz (Not fast enough??)

GPU 7770 stock

I think these all mean I can't stream but does anyone know what would be reccomended to upload speed and the best way to stream

I use OBS and Ive tried bf3 (trash) Ill attempt to try other stuff within the coming days but I feel like i need to upgrade all this stuff before I can stream

Current Build: Desk

My case is my most expensive part

Its Almost 2015 and I don't have an SSD

Your upload is far to low to do much of any streaming outside of maybe 480P. I have 6 up and struggle to maintain 720P60FPS in streaming with my upload. 720P30FPS is fine tho. Your CPU is enough to stream a surprising large amounts of games, the GPU might not like the FPS much tho. Maybe get an Nvidia GPU if you're looking into livestreaming. 

You definitely need much higher upload to be able to stream with any watchable quality, especially if you want to stream modern games. The CPU is good enough but just barely; wouldn't try anything higher than 720p30 with it. GPU power is pretty irrelevant when it comes to streaming. Of course you want a nice GPU so you can actually get proper FPS in-game to capture and send.

Upload speed is key. Otherwise you lose on quality, which in turn makes you lose on views. Also if you want to do live-streaming there is more equipment that comes into play aside from having a computer that can power your games and simultaneously stream. Like a good microphone, camera, and a personality that makes people actually want to watch you. If you wanted to get into the streaming life I think you would have honestly gotten into it by now if you were made for it.

If you're not prepared to drop a fair sum of money up front to set up you shouldn't really even bother, unless it's just for your personal enjoyment.

3x Dell U2414H Triple Monitor Surround @ 5760x1080 / Corsair Obsidian 900D / ASUS ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero / i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz / 2x EVGA SC GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1150MHz / 16GB GeiL DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz / 120GB Samsung 840 EVO / Corsair AX1200W PSU

Gallery: [1] [2] [3] - Fire Strike Score - Steam Profile

I pretty sure Twitch recommends 2mbs upload. 1mbs could do it but it cutting it close.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Kinda a personal enjoyment but no sense in doing it if I can't even throw quality stuff out there right?

Ill just stick to my 4 subscribers on YT xD

Current Build: Desk

My case is my most expensive part

Its Almost 2015 and I don't have an SSD