Looking for a Pair of over ears for some gaming and some music around 200 USD

Alec2435

I have spent the last few days looking around trying to find something that would fit my 200 usd budget. From what I understand my computer and device's audio output is terrible and I would surely I would need some form of Amp/dac and while I could use all the help I could get choosing one, I think that I will save that decision for another time when I actually can understand what the market for them looks like. As for my purpose for the headphones, that would mainly be some gaming here and there and a very varied selection of music. I could tell you what I listen to but it changes so often that it would be pointless for me to buy headphones that are only good with one kind. WHen I started looking for headphones I looked into gaming headsets I quickly realized that their only benefit was a built in mic (which I don't need because I have a nice Blue Snowball condenser) and virtual surround (which would require a usb connection which kills their versatility). So I quickly switched to looking for "audiophile" headphones instead. I thought that at first it would be a simple decision, but the more I looked into it the more I became confused. From what I've seen, something like the M50x or the HD598 would be good but since I've seen so many different headphones that it began to hurt. Lastly how much sound leaking would happen with open headphones and how bad would noise cancelling be? Thank you.

beyer dynamic dt 770 pro 250ohm is cheeper while 32 is more expensive otherwise i dont know do ou want/need boom mic

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

(which I don't need because I have a nice Yeti Snowball condenser) 

well which one is it a yeti or snowball?  :)

well which one is it a yeti or snowball?  :)

sorry I meant blue snowball 

With open headphones the noise isolation is almost nonexistant. The sound leakage isn't a problem unless you listen in public places (and if the places you go to are too loud for your leakage to matter, the people there will be too loud for your headphones). You say your computer's audio is crap. What motherboard do you have?

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

With open headphones the noise isolation is almost nonexistant. The sound leakage isn't a problem unless you listen in public places (and if the places you go to are too loud for your leakage to matter, the people there will be too loud for your headphones). You say your computer's audio is crap. What motherboard do you have?

laptop for now, but hopefully a better rig later this year

What country are you from? Saying 200 usd doesn't help that much because prices are different in different countries.

USA, DC area if that helps

I just picked up my 2nd pair of headphones today and it's the beyer dynamic dt 770 pro 32 ohms you can get a 32 ohms or higher version for the price range of 200-270 dollars.

I bought it today at 1:30 in the afternoon and still have them on it's extremely comfortable hardly any sound leakage unless your in a quiet room and playing at max volume ( leaving it at around 70%; will not leak any sound) also has great isolation can't hear any background sounds at all.

Here are some pictures

iJjZ3uY5wPHeh.JPG

iWTx0uD1BYwH1.JPG

ib1DMIieCDHDhn.JPG

At home I use a cheap zalman clip on mic and hide the cords inside the detachable headband so I can keep the mic at my right cup so it can pick up my voice better; this is my go to headphones now, did I also mention that you can replace the headbands and ear cups easily? Well now you know. Huge step up from my ATH-M50 in terms of both sound and comfort.

With open headphones would it be possible at all to listen in noisy environment?

With open headphones would it be possible at all to listen in noisy environment?

Yes but I would not recommend them if there's a lot of noise around you. DT770 might be a good choice because they have wide sound stage for a closed headphone. It might need an amp though. I would say try it with you onboard first and if it's not loud enough get an E6.