Confusing issue with video card drivers

Migals

Current System :

gigabyte z77n-wfif motherboard

i3 2120 ( dont laugh, 3770k in mail)

evga 680

gskill 8gb ram

Issue:

I started with a basic case swap all went fine and the computer worked after i swapped cases.  Decided to throw a random 32gb ssd in the system for srt.  I forgot that I previously installed linux on said ssd and was having issues were no matter what I did the computer always booted into linux as apposed to my other ssd with windows.  So after a restart I unplugged the data cable form the 32gb ssd while it was booting. Computer failed to boot obviously, with the ssd being unplugged. But since then, my computer will attempt to boot into windows but while loading it just goes to a no signal screen and the yellow light on my monitor for standby goes on (computer is still running at this point ).  I figured I corrupted a file or something no biggie so I began to re install my os to the ssd. Here is were the problem comes in.  When trying to do my drivers I get all but video card installed fine.  I am trying to load the latest 320.18 whql from nvidia (that is what I was using before when my computer was actualy working, same version of windows)  But after that video driver gets installed, I am presented with the same issue of the standy screen and no video being displayed upon reboot.  

I actually work for a local Tiger Direct repairing computers, but this issue is making me feel bad about my life. LOL.. anyways if anyone has any ideas or tips I would much appreciate my computer working again. Thanks  

Tip #1: Don't unplug drives while they're being accessed.

Did you format both the drives this time before starting?

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

Do not feel bad..we have all been there.. :)  It does seem to be a strange thing to have happen..have you tried to use an older driver version ? Did you complete all the Windows updates prior to the GPU driver ?

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..