Single rad - CPU and GPU

Nem

Will a single 360mm rad (45mm thick) be enough to cool a single loop with both a cpu and 1 gpu in it? this loop will be powered by a d5 vario

Of course things would be more efficient with a second rad/second loop, but would the temperature decrease be enough to warrant the extra price?

Will a single 360mm rad (45mm thick) be enough to cool a single loop with both a cpu and 1 gpu in it? this loop will be powered by a d5 vario

Of course things would be more efficient with a second rad/second loop, but would the temperature decrease be enough to warrant the extra price?

Which CPU and GPU?

I'm all for low temps when it comes to custom loops so for your run of the mill i7 OC'ed + 780(ti).. A 360 isn't really enough. 360 + 240 would be.

Of course the new Maxwell GPU's have lower max TDP's.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I'm currently running both my 4770k and 780ti from my h320 which use a 360mm rad, the temps are hotter then I like but that is due to high overclocks on both. If your doing a more open loop and the case allows it you should add at least another 120mm rad but if your rig doesn't kick out much heat you should be alright.

Depends on how high overclocks will be with that setting. It's enough when you're running on stock speeds but it would be better if you get a 240mm rad when overclocking both of them as soon as possible. Lower noise and has higher possibilities of upgrades.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

What cpu and gpu will you be using?

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

Which CPU and GPU?

cpu: i7 5820k OC to ~4.4

gpu: asus gtx 970 (this will be OC'd but I don't have the part yet so dont know how far it can go)

I hear that neither of these are terribly hungry for power so don't output that much heat anyway

gpu: asus gtx 970 (this will be OC'd but I don't have the part yet so dont know how far it can go)

I hear that neither of these are terribly hungry for power so don't output that much heat anyway

A single 360mm rad would keep them cool depending on how low you want to see your temps. Adding another radiator, even a 120mm, would help. 

Also, how many fans are you going to be running on the 360mm? And what type?

A single 360mm rad would keep them cool depending on how low you want to see your temps. Adding another radiator, even a 120mm, would help. 

Also, how many fans are you going to be running on the 360mm? And what type?

what kind of temps would i be looking at on a single 360?

fans are 3x corsair sp120 quiet edition

That's a max TDP of 285W you need to dissipate at stock.. so more when everything is overclocked. You could go with the 360, see how you like the temps and if you're on unhappy.. add a 240 which would be more than enough. If you have a case that can fit a 420, you can also start with that which should be enough.

The 360 can handle your components, it's just a matter of whether you're satisfied with the load temps (other factors like ambient temps are also important).

well in considering all of my options before i buy anything:

1. could i run a 240mm for the cpu and another 240 for the gpu?

2. if in the future i decide to go sli, would a single 240 be enough to handle the 2 gpu in its own?

well in considering all of my options before i buy anything:

1. could i run a 240mm for the cpu and another 240 for the gpu?

2. if in the future i decide to go sli, would a single 240 be enough to handle the 2 gpu in its own?

1. Yes.

2. Don't think you'll be happy with the temps but you can run them on a single 240.

What case do you have bruh?

I am also planning on doing WC and for now i will include in the loop are cpu + gpu and i am thinking of going with a 480 rad for both but i dont know if it will handle for an SLI of 980.