First Build

jokky102

Hi guys i wanted to show you my first (probably ugly) build
know that i could tide more my cables but being the psu not modular it did not help me, I did the best i could 
I also know that i could put the cpu cable in the back but it was to late (my mistake hahaha)
Anyways enjoy or brace yourself.....horror incoming......hahahah.

The specs are:
Cpu:    Intel Core i5-3450
Video: Gigabyte gtx 670 OC
Ram:   8gb (4x2gb) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Boot:  Samsung 830 64gb
Data:  Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB
Psu:   Corsair TXV2 650W semi-fanless
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus  Blue Led 

Ok in half an hour without ties cables (i will buy them tomorrow) i've managed to do this

Here i've used the tip from mvitkun  [ thanks buddy :) ] so i've split the cable 4+4 in two and

managed to slide it in (Of course only after swearing because he didn't want to....haha)

As you can see i still have to clean and tide in the right. I will do it soon.

is your PSU mounted...?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

is your PSU mounted...?

yes why?

ah i understand what you asked me.

Yes it's mounted it's the image that give the look of being shifted to the left.

I assure you the psu is well mounted to the back :)

oh i guess it's just the angles but in the last picture it looked like you just plopped it in there! haha nevermind! 

for $15 you can drastically change your cable management. all you need are some extensions. 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

you could definitely do better with cable management,thats the Z11 (+) right?

I have the same case ,as a tip use A LOT of cable ties in the back

take a look at my cable management,same psu,same case.

V8OzWhe.jpg

no excuse for bad cable management,we've all made excuses about it,just take an hour or two to manage it better.

could you post the specs as well by any chance?

yes why?

it kind of looks diagonal in the case due to the way the photo was taken

for the cpu cable try to run half of the 4+4 pin in first through that cable routing hole,then the other one,I've heard it worked for some people. 

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

As many of you said, i will buy some tidying cables 

and use some extension and put everything in the back. 

thx

Great first build! Like said before, try to do some cable management :D