Far Cry 3.exe has stopped working.... in the most hilarious way possible

So, I finally got around playing and essentially beating Far Cry 3, just that, right before the end (near the last choice), the game crashed on me. The game didn't save properly and I essentially lost an hour or two of progress. "Okay, fuck this let's just watch the ending on youtube." So I choose the first video that comes up (horrible looking console version, but whatever), fast forward to the scene that the game crashed on me and then in a matter of seconds this line of dialogue appears: "you have to complete walking the path of the warrior or all your progress will be lost."........

So, I'm not sure if that just happened by chance or if this game is actually incredibly meta and trying to test the player, but either way: I am kind of speechless right now and also laughing my ass off

I got a crashed and lost a lot of progress too, near the end :( I stop playing it for a month and then resumed my last save and finished it.

UPlay somehow lost my saved game even when it synced to the cloud.  It also couldn't find my local save.  I'm not replaying the game ever again so this will remain unfinished until the end of time.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

UPlay somehow lost my saved game even when it synced to the cloud.  It also couldn't find my local save.  I'm not replaying the game ever again so this will remain unfinished until the end of time.

You didn't really miss out on anything major. That game had one or two interesting characters, but the overall story was boring as hell if you ask me.

I got a crashed and lost a lot of progress too, near the end :( I stop playing it for a month and then resumed my last save and finished it.

Maybe I'm just mixing things up here, but wasn't Far Cry 3 regarded as a really good PC port? I don't get how anyone could say that. The game has mouse acceleration issues (making it 100% unplayable if you happen to use a low mouse sensitivity like I do) that can only be fixed via a modding tool, MSAA doesn't work if you use SSAO at the same time, you can't fully disable motionblur in the settings (you have to edit a config file for that), some vital settings (toggle to ADS, for example) are hidden in the config files as well, etc. etc. Yes, the game looked beautiful and it ran fine, but it has some serious issues. And randomly crashing during a cutscene and not autosaving inbetween missions is just stupid as well.