Looking for cheap water cooling setup

So I have a stock Amd fx cooler, its a bit hot and pretty loud and I am planning to replace it with a coolermaster 212 evo, or some kind of cheap (but still non-crap) water cooling setup. I want to know how much it would cost, and what components I would need, I don't know much about water cooling. I might be better off with the 212 evo, but whatever, tell me what you think. I have a R9 280, Amd FX-6300, and a 500W PSU, in a NZXT Phantom 410. Oh and also I want to overclock my FX, plan on Atleast 4.0GHZ

By water cooling setup do you mean an AIO or a full custom loop?

i'm a potato

By water cooling setup do you mean an AIO or a full custom loop?

I have no idea. I want to cool my processor so I can overclock, that's my goal. Custom loop sounds expensive so probably not that one. Sorry but I'm a total water cooling noob and too lazy to go read something about it right now.

Yeah, to be honest, liquid cooling tends to cost £100 plus

Probs best to go with a tower heatsink

Compatible with Windows 95

Yeah, to be honest, liquid cooling tends to cost £100 plus

Probs best to go with a tower heatsink

Alrighty then, I guess its the cm 212 evo once I have the moniez

Alrighty then, I guess its the cm 212 evo once I have the moniez

I would go for a BeQuiet Shadow Rock Slim over a CM Hyper 212, it looks better and performs slightly better too.

Plus, it is only about £3 more.

Other options include refurb all in one coolers like the Corsair H80

So I have a stock Amd fx cooler, its a bit hot and pretty loud and I am planning to replace it with a coolermaster 212 evo, or some kind of cheap (but still non-crap) water cooling setup. I want to know how much it would cost, and what components I would need, I don't know much about water cooling. I might be better off with the 212 evo, but whatever, tell me what you think. I have a R9 280, Amd FX-6300, and a 500W PSU, in a NZXT Phantom 410. Oh and also I want to overclock my FX, plan on Atleast 4.0GHZ

I think you should think about upgrading your PSU before you do any of this. Especially when you have a power hungry AMD GPU, and you're planning to overclock your CPU.

I would go for a BeQuiet Shadow Rock Slim over a CM Hyper 212, it looks better and performs slightly better too.

Plus, it is only about £3 more.

Other options include refurb all in one coolers like the Corsair H80

How would you say its noise levels compare?

I think you should think about upgrading your PSU before you do any of this. Especially when you have a power hungry AMD GPU, and you're planning to overclock your CPU.

I was told it would be fine. I will probably have to upgrade in the future though as I want to add some SSD, and a optical drive.

How would you say its noise levels compare?

Well, the specification says the CM Hyper 212 produces 6-31dB, whereas the BeQuiet Slim one produces 23.7dB at full load.

That is an order of magnitude higher (an extra 10dB does not mean 50% more sound, it is more than you think)

Well, the specification says the CM Hyper 212 produces 6-31dB, whereas the BeQuiet Slim one produces 23.7dB at full load.

That is an order of magnitude higher (an extra 10dB does not mean 50% more sound, it is more than you think)

Okay one more thing, correct me if I'm wrong but the fan on it be oriented towards the back of the case, right?

EDIT: WOAH! Nevermind, the shadow rock slim is 2x the 212 evo's price here in America!

Okay one more thing, correct me if I'm wrong but the fan on it be oriented towards the back of the case, right?

Put it in so that it obeys your airflow configuration of your case.

The fan on this cooler intakes the air and then exhausts through the heat sink. I would face the fan end of the heat sink towards the front of the case if that makes sense.

Put it in so that it obeys your airflow configuration of your case.

The fan on this cooler intakes the air and then exhausts through the heat sink. I would face the fan end of the heat sink towards the front of the case if that makes sense.

Pictures usually help.  ^_^

Installation.jpg

I was told it would be fine. I will probably have to upgrade in the future though as I want to add some SSD, and a optical drive.

Just keep in mind that a 500W power supply is more like 400W, unless it has really good efficiency.