Help with chrome crashing problem

I used google chrome about 6 months ago. I used it with no problem but decided to switch to firefox for a while. I uninstalled chrome back then.

Now, I decided to switch back again to chrome but now when I install it, whenever I start it - chrome just crashes. The browser window doesn't even open, it just crashes. Needless to say I am running Win 8.1 64bit

I have seen people giving advice that you should remove corrupt profiles from C:\Users\[uSER_NAME]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default , but the User Data folder is empty

Any advice?

post-35250-0-21082100-1411989596_thumb.j

~Issue is resolved~

What does it say when you click "view problem details"?

Use something like IObit uninstaller to uninstall chrome and do a powerfull scan to remove left overs. And then download the 64bit chrome version.

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

I had a somewhat similar problem, I just waited a bit and re-downloaded it (probably after it had a few updates).

Try completely uninstalling it and then re-installing it. If that doesn't work you'll need to use a different browser and try chrome after it's been updated.

if you really want to use chrome try the 64 bit version called canary cchrome

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

if you really want to use chrome try the 64 bit version called canary cchrome

What does it say when you click "view problem details"?

Use something like IObit uninstaller to uninstall chrome and do a powerfull scan to remove left overs. And then download the 64bit chrome version.

I uninstalled and cleaned leftovers with Revo uninstaller pro. Restarted my PC, installed the canary chrome - still crashes. I get this

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    chrome.exe

Application Version:    40.0.2172.0

Application Timestamp:    54281e0e

Fault Module Name:    FASTAN~2.DLL

Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:    537cb8dd

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    00000000000c4923

OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID:    1053

Additional Information 1:    ad20

Additional Information 2:    ad2052222f4ee2ec436c9df4980b6a92

Additional Information 3:    3901

Additional Information 4:    390142b65afcf1447b8cf9f557e56b9b

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Issue is resolved. I had something called Fast and Safe on my PC. I deleted it from C:\ProgramData\Fast And Safe and now it works.

Issue is resolved. I had something called Fast and Safe on my PC. I deleted it from C:\ProgramData\Fast And Safe and now it works.

if a program has to be called "fast and safe" it's probably the exact opposite :/

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window