Fx 8320 + R9 270x Troubles

ceptalis21

Specs:

8320 @ 4ghz

8gb 1333

xfx 270x

500 watt 80+

I have been having some performance issues in the following games.

Rust=Stutter

Gta 4=30 FPS avg.

Dayz SA/mod=unplayable no matter the settings or fixes

Are these games just broken on AMD?!? Dayz is the game i really want to be able to play but I have yet to figure out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Specs:

8320 @ 4ghz

8gb 1333

xfx 270x

500 watt 80+

Rust=Stutter

Gta 4=30 FPS avg.

Are these games just broken on AMD?!? Dayz is the game i really want to be able to play but I have yet to figure out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

All of those games are broken for everyone. Very poorly optimized.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

I have a rig on my home with a OC'd FX 8320 and a R9 280X that won't ever be able to max minecraft at 60fps due unoptimized mods.

Try messing around with settings, different driver versions, and see if there is any patch/mod that can get you better frames; also try to see if you can choose different APIs and versions.

Like Annoyedshelf said, those games are pretty much broken, even people with OC'd 4790k CPUs have trouble on poorly optimized games like Arma 3.

Rust is still in alpha essentially, so performance will be bad for everyone.

GTA 4, again a POS game engine which is very taxing to run.

DayZ, another title with a piss poor game engine. 

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Specs:

8320 @ 4ghz

8gb 1333

xfx 270x

500 watt 80+

Rust=Stutter

Gta 4=30 FPS avg.

Rust/Day Z and pretty much any MMO's (lots of people in an online game) Intel will run much better. Problem is our API sucks (not low level) and core optimization for those games are horrible. The worse optimization is in a game, the more Intel is ahead. GTA V should run better on AMD than GTA 4 though and most newer console ports should run fine. 

Eventually API will fix this and the AMD 8xxx will get closer to the I5, but we are probably about 2 years away from total adoption. Until that happens, Intel is just the way to go on some genres of games. GTA IV? That was just really crappy optimization. Most single player games run just fine on AMD. 

When you have 1-2 core optimized games (which most massive online games are atm) all that matters is this (see LTT results from forum users). Single core performance. You can see how AMD's compare at clock speeds against Intel's. This is why many of us recommend that people who want to play the bigger online titles go Intel K chips, and those that are more into console ports are just fine with an AMD. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlC81MjwelBgdEZNV3l6aHl1eUNwSUR4Rml0MXMzN1E&usp=sharing#gid=1

Here is the thread. The scores are all verified with screenshots.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/62476-post-your-cinebench-r15r115-scores-and-new-2003-now-included/

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.