What is The Pros and Cons of AIO Water Cooling ?

Go to solution Solved by wng_kingsley7,

Just wanna know . What is The Pros and Cons of AIO Water Cooling ?

Pros;

Most radiators 120/240/360 AIO liquid coolers are capable of being mounted into most *thought-out) medium MATX up to large (E-)ATX supported cases.

Software wise inclusion of support for changing fan curves/pump rpm on the fly (NZXT & Corsair are pioneering this section quite neatly)

Better cooling then most air-coolers (if not par) under the price point.

Neutral;

Based on the price of the cooler can be a large difference.

Some decent air-coolers $50+ have as better fans then pre-done liquid coolers.

Cons;

Plain expensive sometimes.

Coolant has no antimicrobial fluid (overtime build up of dirt etc.)

Tubing/Fittings aren't made of a decent quality material, rotatable for ease of use whilst installing & no flexibility routing.

Temps are worse than a custom loop but its easier to setup and if it breaks, the warranty will cover it.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

pros:

-Nice aesthetics

-Better performance (this depends on which aio unit you are using)

-usually has a warranty unlike custom loops

cons:

-more points of failure

-some can be louder, with the pump being added noise.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

You can get an air-cooler for usually less money, almost the same performance, which is also quieter and has crazy 6 years of warranty.  (I am looking at you NH-D 15)

You can put an AIO in almost any system-size nowadays and even go up to 240mm rads there, get the heat right out of the system and not into the case.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Just wanna know . What is The Pros and Cons of AIO Water Cooling ?

Pros;

Most radiators 120/240/360 AIO liquid coolers are capable of being mounted into most *thought-out) medium MATX up to large (E-)ATX supported cases.

Software wise inclusion of support for changing fan curves/pump rpm on the fly (NZXT & Corsair are pioneering this section quite neatly)

Better cooling then most air-coolers (if not par) under the price point.

Neutral;

Based on the price of the cooler can be a large difference.

Some decent air-coolers $50+ have as better fans then pre-done liquid coolers.

Cons;

Plain expensive sometimes.

Coolant has no antimicrobial fluid (overtime build up of dirt etc.)

Tubing/Fittings aren't made of a decent quality material, rotatable for ease of use whilst installing & no flexibility routing.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Pros- save a few hundred dollars for water cooling components

Cons- they really are a waste of money, they keep temperatures lower than air cooling sure but it's not by much honestly I used to have a AIO and was disappointed in the temps I got so I went custom water cooling and am glad there was a night a day difference! While my CPU was overclocked my temps would get high 40's to low 50'd and I was thinking what a waste of 200 bucks at the time, built a custom water loop nothing gets over 38 degrees. Another thing is the parts used in AOI are average not the best quality like you can achieve when building your own! Kind of limited on where you can mount them is another flaw due to either really short tubes! But one thing I have learned is temps are all personal preference, I personally don't like temps in the high 40's or above althought that is considered "safe" I prefer cooler! So that's your call on what you would like to see / gain from water cooling! Another issue you need to address is if you have the money build yourself a loop! One reason is because it looks way cooler In the end and two you can say "yea this beast is mine" lol so you decided man! I also don't like how in AIO cooling the fluid is never changed.. I always change my after 6 months and believe it or not I can actually get cooler temps on fresh fluid! Not a whole lot but 2/3 degrees cooler is awesome!