60hz thin bezel monitors for surround setup

Mulven
Go to solution Solved by Tacitus,

The dell looks great, however it has an 8ms GtG, and that is just unacceptable for me.

Going to take a look at the LG one.

It's a meaningless measurement, in reality the u2414h is one of the fastest IPS monitors out there.

I am looking for 

BenQ EW2440L is nice but it only has HDMI/VGA and i would prefer to use vesa than 3 stands.

Are there any similar thin bezel/bezel less monitors at 24 inch with 5ms or less (preferably 1-2) with good brightness. 

Also if i did stay with that, does dvi>hdmi degrade quality in anyway using active adapters.

DVI and HDMI have the same pins. They don't need active adapters. Display Port is the one that needs active adapters.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Dell u2414h.

It's a great IPS display, at a great price with extremely thin bezels, vesa mounting holes and supporst DP daisy chaining (has two HDMI inputs, one DP input and one DP output).

I've got one and I'll hopefully get another two later this year.

I am looking for 

BenQ EW2440L is nice but it only has HDMI/VGA and i would prefer to use vesa than 3 stands.

Are there any similar thin bezel/bezel less monitors at 24 inch with 5ms or less (preferably 1-2) with good brightness. 

Also if i did stay with that, does dvi>hdmi degrade quality in anyway using active adapters.

quality degredation isnt noticable.

but get vesa stands.

This from LG.

IPS 1080p

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Dell u2414h.

It's a great IPS display, at a great price with extremely thin bezels, vesa mounting holes and supporst DP daisy chaining (has two HDMI inputs, one DP input and one DP output).

I've got one and I'll hopefully get another two later this year.

The dell looks great, however it has an 8ms GtG, and that is just unacceptable for me.

It's a meaningless measurement, in reality the u2414h is one of the fastest IPS monitors out there.

Acer h236hlbid

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB