New Samsung voice and motion controlled tv

Snickerzz

I think this is pretty cool :3 now if only i had £2,499.99

article: http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/09/technology/samsung_voice_tv/index.htm

tv: http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UE55ES8000UXXU

But the cool part is the controls. First, the TV's built-in cameras use face recognition to automatically sign users into their personal profiles. Then, users can issue voice commands like "channel 34" or "guide" to control the TV. They can also use gesture controls for Web browsing, adjusting the volume and more.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

sounds like the xbox one i think it has most of those features as far as i remember and more plus its at a far lower price

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

sounds like the xbox one

your icon seems excited for it :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

1. Make it 4k
2. Mantain price
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

your icon seems excited for it :P

hell yapost-22981-0-85512300-1370135719.gif

post-22981-0-85512300-1370135719.gif

post-22981-0-85512300-1370135719.gif

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

Looks like it's Samsung response to LG Smart TV, where LG uses a Wii like controller to point on the screen, and control the TV...

Kinect vs Wii.. who will win?

Looks like it's Samsung response to LG Smart TV, where LG uses a Wii like controller to point on the screen, and control the TV...

Kinect vs Wii.. who will win?

My money is on kinect. While it's bad. It's a hell of a lot better than the wii controller.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I have a 55 Inch LG 3D smart TV and I have to say that it's a pretty awesome TV so far. It runs android and does everything that a set top box does but better. And the coolest part is that it's going to get a jellybean update in a month or so. I tried the Samsung smart TV's and i really didn't like them because the remotes sucked and the hand gestures were sincerely shitty. The LG remote has a FULL qwerty keyboard and is pretty handy and easy to use. Another advantage of the LG TV is that you can use your android phone as a remote to control things like youtube. It also at the time cost 200 dollars less than the competing Samsung TV. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!