Almost there.... Almost.... Insight much appreciated :)

Mvard

So... I've been trying to build a computer for quite some time now, however, time and funds are a bit hard to come by. I'm almost finished, but still very far away. 

My current system ( Why I want to upgrade)                   

---------------------------------------------------------------              

Motherboard : Ecs HT-2000 (Socket Am2)

Processor : Amd Athlon x64 4400+ 2.3 GHz

Memory :  3 Gb. DDR2 ( 2 x 1Gb & 2 x 512Mb)

PSu : 420 w Silent Power

GPU : Nvidia Geforce 8400 Gs

Hdd : 320 Gb 7200 Rpm Seagate

What I'm Planing 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

(Already Bought)

Case : Nzxt Phantom

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P Am3+

PSu: EVGA Supernova Nex 750 B (750 w)

GPU: Sapphire Amd Radeon 6870 1Gb Gddr5 (Subject to Change)

(Need to Buy)

CPU : Im debating whether to get the 8320 or the 6300

Ram : Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 (2 x 4Gb) (Open for change)

Storage : I'm thinking like an 128 GB Ssd + 1 Tb Hdd combo... not sure yet

I AM COMPLETELY open for suggestion... I just want some insight

I would like to do some moderate gaming  at least 1080 @ high Settings. Bare in mind I'm a high school student on a limited budget....

Thanks all,

Mvard

So... I've been trying to build a computer for quite some time now, however, time and funds are a bit hard to come by. I'm almost finished, but still very far away. 

My current system ( Why I want to upgrade)                   

---------------------------------------------------------------              

Motherboard : Ecs HT-2000 (Socket Am2)

Processor : Amd Athlon x64 4400+ 2.3 GHz

Memory :  3 Gb. DDR2 ( 2 x 1Gb & 2 x 512Mb)

PSu : 420 w Silent Power

GPU : Nvidia Geforce 8400 Gs

Hdd : 320 Gb 7200 Rpm Seagate

What I'm Planing 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

(Already Bought)

Case : Nzxt Phantom

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P Am3+

PSu: EVGA Supernova Nex 750 B (750 w)

GPU: Sapphire Amd Radeon 6870 1Gb Gddr5 (Subject to Change)

(Need to Buy)

CPU : Im debating whether to get the 8320 or the 6300

Ram : Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 (2 x 4Gb) (Open for change)

Storage : I'm thinking like an 128 GB Ssd + 1 Tb Hdd combo... not sure yet

I AM COMPLETELY open for suggestion... I just want some insight

I would like to do some moderate gaming  at least 1080 @ high Settings. Bare in mind I'm a high school student on a limited budget....

Thanks all,

Mvard

I'd probably go for the 8320 as long as your budget allows for it, because by the looks of it it's simply a better processor. The RAM is good and an SSD/HDD combo is a great way to go (again, as long as you have the budget for it). However whichever you choose, I'd go with a seagate HDD, they seem to be pretty cheap and I also hear they are very reliable. Your graphics card seems good as long as you don't want to play Farcry 3. If you do however, I think you can get the GTX 760 for about the same price and it can run Farcry 3 on ultra at 1080p with about 40ish FPS, it's just a great mid budget card. Anywhoo, those are my suggestions. I Hope I Helped and Happy Building!

I'd probably go for the 8320 as long as your budget allows for it, because by the looks of it it's simply a better processor. The RAM is good and an SSD/HDD combo is a great way to go (again, as long as you have the budget for it). However whichever you choose, I'd go with a seagate HDD, they seem to be pretty cheap and I also hear they are very reliable. Your graphics card seems good as long as you don't want to play Farcry 3. If you do however, I think you can get the GTX 760 for about the same price and it can run Farcry 3 on ultra at 1080p with about 40ish FPS, it's just a great mid budget card. Anywhoo, those are my suggestions. I Hope I Helped and Happy Building!

Don't be daft, unless the OP uses software that can actually use all 8 cores(which no game does) on the 8320 there's no reason to get it. The 6xxx chips are literally the same thing just minus one core module.

@OP get the 6300 and put the money into the GPU. The GPU is the most important component when it comes to gaming with only a few exceptions.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299