Motherboard to pair with i5 4690k

I am planning to build my first ever DIY desktop. Already have a R9 290. I could go for i5 4670k or 4690k as they are very widely recognized to be great value and performance for Gaming. However about motherboard I am not sure as it requires to consider many factors before one buys it. I have zeroed down on Z97 as It'd more future proof and also is overclock friendly. I do not know much about other factors to select a mobo so I am providing what i might consider to do later as upgrade over the time. I would not like to change CPU, would like to only change GPU after 2-3 years once R9 290 can't keep up with 1080P ULTRA for the games i'd play which are mostly Single player Action, Action-RPG etc.

1. I will overclock, not immediately but within next few months.

2. I would add an aftermarket cooler like 212 EVO. May even go with Liquid cooling instead, but just don't know will i require that. have to really measure temps then decide.

3. I would like to upgrade my storage with an SSD(right now it's going above the budget) and like to take advantage of SATA express connection.

4. Do not intend to crossfire , would rather go for new GPU 2-3 years down the line as CPUs don't lose their 'best by date' as quick as GPUs as far as gaming goes, correct me if i am wrong.

5. I will use single monitor only setup.  

6. Want to add a PCIe wifi adapter to MoBo.

7. Brand preference is not very stringent but i would prefer either of Asus, Gigabyte or MSI. Don't know much about brands like Asrock, Biostar but willing to consider if they provide decent value and decent reliability.

I did read a lot reading but not able to make up my mind about an ideal mobo for my requirements. My budget for a MoBo is about 130ish USD. So please suggest some decent MoBo.

Taken a look at the ASUS Z97-A/AR board? You can of course get something cheaper, but then I wouldn't expect good overclocking-capabilities.

CPU: Core i7-4790K

GPU: 2x MSi GTX 970 GAMING G4       

MB:   ASUS Z97-AR 

I would look at this one OP, check the features that board offer it's very nice and attractive for the price:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97g45gaming

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97g45gaming

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

• 1 month later...

chose Asrock Fatal1ty z97 killer. Thanks for suggestions.